What behaviour do You think the Anti-Social Behaviour Act is used for ?

I think you're missing the point Derek.

The thread asked...

'What sort of behaviour do You think the Anti-Social Behaviour Act covers'

I posted an example of (IMO) good and bad implementation of the powers. I wasn't indicating that there was any sort of exclusive argument on the subject. I'm well aware that ASBO'sa re used for lots of things and I thought that was obvious from my post. :huh:

As for the Police, do you expect them to ignore the issues that I raised?

The Police don't do 'either / or' selections. They have the crappy job of somehow trying to enforce ALL criminal law and some civil law with patchy back up from the public, the Courts, the CPS and the Government, whilst coping with the paltry resources that they are allocated.

Back on topic - I personally think that ASBO's are a good thing if properly used.

I agree with Tony, but I wonder if giving these powers to council officers is the right thing. It would make more sense to set up independent bodies to implement the act and collect the necassary evidence from all the services involved.

The rules also seem to differ from city to city which for an act with such serious consequences seem wrong. I don't think that it is at all well thought out.

• 5 years later...

There'd be a lot less truancy in school if schools dealt with bullying. Secondly if there were sufficient jobs for youngsters to go to after they've left school then pupils might have more respect for teachers and the curriculum.

I agree with Tony, but I wonder if giving these powers to council officers is the right thing. It would make more sense to set up independent bodies to implement the act and collect the necassary evidence from all the services involved.

The rules also seem to differ from city to city which for an act with such serious consequences seem wrong. I don't think that it is at all well thought out.

Regards the Act not being well thought out - it was probably rushed through by Government as a knee-jerk reaction to the public's frustration with how others behave.

• 10 months later...

Archived