Rock bars in Sheffield steel City YO

Hey cool, Sue. Exactly why I want to go - to remember and hear those songs live again. Meanstreak, Midnight in Tokyo, Rescue Me..... so many great songs. If you see someone standing alone in a corner looking like a fish out of water, that'll be me. I'm thinking of not going now, can't bribe one of my dance music friends to go - not even if I pay their ticket. I lied about rock gigs, I saw Journey last year at the Apollo and I never felt so out of place, thinking "how weird, I used to be one of these people". I haven't heard 'Ten Lovers'. I will listen out for you shouting it though.

If they don't play Summertime Girls though I will be the one SULKING in the corner, as that's my all-time fave Y&T song (I will probably get stoned to death now for saying that!:D).

Enjoy the concert to all those going.:cool:

errrr - i,m not sure why you would feel weird...we are all there for the same reason, we love the music...we are ''one of those people''...

SUMMERTIME GIRLS, SUMMERTIME GIRLS...yes you will get stoned, i,m going to take some right big boulders to throw at you...i hate that song, but good news for you - they do usualy play it, i,ll be the one heading for the bar or out for a ciggy while that song is on.

Ten Lovers is from the album TEN, a great album indeed...

anyway Dance nation - i hope you make it....its not everyday Y&T come to the UK..i,ll look out for you..look out for a realy hot chick (nnoooo just kidding) wearing a 2003 Tour t shirt....it could be me...do introduce yourself..:clap::headbang::headbang:

Cheers Scooby Sue. I have the 'Ten' Album, but never played it more than about twice if I remember. Must dig it out again. Hey, Summertime Girls is ultimate 80's cheese:D. I love it! OK a hot chick in a 2003 tour t-shirt. The Fish out of Water will look out for ya. I will try and make it. Cheers guys.:cool::headbang:

HEY STOP THAT!!!! They are the coolest band of all time don't ya be so chintzy or I'll cream ya...jeeeeez yo folks so up tight it's amazing ya ass don't bust.

I was cruisin last night in my lurrrvvve wagon and checked out a few joints......pretty flakey all round.....no names mentioned YET but I bet ya just wanna know........hee hee hee haw haw haw

who is this person - sounds like the worst hammy yank flick ever? 'checked out a few joints'??? does anyone actually speak like this? im so glad i have never had the misfortune to meet (her?) hope she never goes in the sportsman on a saturday evening...hee hee haw haw haw (just go home please!!!!)

errrr - i,m not sure why you would feel weird...we are all there for the same reason, we love the music...we are ''one of those people''...

SUMMERTIME GIRLS, SUMMERTIME GIRLS...yes you will get stoned, i,m going to take some right big boulders to throw at you...i hate that song, but good news for you - they do usualy play it, i,ll be the one heading for the bar or out for a ciggy while that song is on.

Ten Lovers is from the album TEN, a great album indeed...

anyway Dance nation - i hope you make it....its not everyday Y&T come to the UK..i,ll look out for you..look out for a realy hot chick (nnoooo just kidding) wearing a 2003 Tour t shirt....it could be me...do introduce yourself..:clap::headbang::headbang:

Awesome gig! Thanks for forcing me to go Sue! What memories hearing some of those songs brought back! I'd forgotten just how many great songs they had. How cool opening with 'Contagious'. I've been playing their 'best of 81-85' CD, since it arrived yesterday morning. Oh and yeah Sue, I heard ya shoutin' out for 'Ten Lovers'. I think we all did. Shame you didn't get it and I got 'Summertime Girls':razz:. Dug out my 'Ten' cassette yesterday (bought for £1.99 in a bargain bin in 1991) and playing it now. I must have been deaf back then not to have played this more than once or twice! This album is awesome!!! Haven't got to 'Ten Lovers' yet - it better be good now you have built it up so much:D. Cheers again Sue. Queensryche next for me. I'm on a roll.:headbang:

Rock Nation!:cool:

• 2 weeks later...
Awesome gig! Thanks for forcing me to go Sue! What memories hearing some of those songs brought back! I'd forgotten just how many great songs they had. How cool opening with 'Contagious'. I've been playing their 'best of 81-85' CD, since it arrived yesterday morning. Oh and yeah Sue, I heard ya shoutin' out for 'Ten Lovers'. I think we all did. Shame you didn't get it and I got 'Summertime Girls':razz:. Dug out my 'Ten' cassette yesterday (bought for £1.99 in a bargain bin in 1991) and playing it now. I must have been deaf back then not to have played this more than once or twice! This album is awesome!!! Haven't got to 'Ten Lovers' yet - it better be good now you have built it up so much:D. Cheers again Sue. Queensryche next for me. I'm on a roll.:headbang:

Rock Nation!:cool:

Hey glad you made, i didn;t realy like them opening with Contagious even tho i like the song, a Y&T concert should ALWAYS start with from the moon/open fire...but that was the first gig of the tour, all the others i went to they opened properly.

Did you get to the 'after show party'. That was brilliant, apart from the little kid running around.

by the way - the loud mouth shouting for TEN LOVERS wasn;t me, that was someone who had way too much booze.

i went to their last gig of the UK tour on saturday in London, that was great - and guess what ----they played TEN LOVERS...how happy was i.

(just a bit of a moan, not about sheffield tho...they were playing rock city in Nottingham on thursday but they ended up in the Rescue Rooms instead. REALY bad venue - rock f...kin city say it was due to low ticket sales but we got the idea it was cos they had a student party lined up, anyway the venue was so crowded you couldn;t even get in the door and people were turned away, surely this was a serious fire hazzard. Only a small percentage could actualy see anything...i,m seeing Tesla at rock city on thursday - hopefully they havn;t changed the venue for this aswell)

i think they played your favourite nearly every night.

did you get any good photos???? like to share them

Didn't get any photo's no Sue. Back in 'my' day, cameras weren't allowed:D. Things have changed for sure.

I agree, I also think they should have opened with 'From The Moon/Open Fire'. That's how I always remember them. It's their signature really...... "Open Fire...... when I hit the stage". Awesome.

Sorry I didn't realise it wasn't you annoying Dave with 'Ten Lovers' requests. I thought she was going to end up wearing his guitar at one point (and NOT in a GOOD way!:hihi:). Glad you got it later in the tour.

And why would they NOT play the classic 'Summertime Girls':shocked:?? It was the song that broke them in the USA and ensured songs like 'Contagious' were on regular late night rotation on MTV in 1987 (I was over there for alot of 1987) and ensured they were a headline act in medium sized venues across the US. You can tell I like the song can't you Sue:thumbsup:? It is to me what 'Ten Lovers' is to you.

Hope you enjoy Tesla. Are you going to Gotthard/Alice/Heaven and Hell/Queensryche? (delete as applicable).:cool:

Archived