Rock bars in Sheffield steel City YO

I went to Rebels........a lot of opinions have been expressed by others though see the Rebels thread somewhere on this page....but many people did leave and go to Corporation its very true.....

Yeah, didn't see that other thread before. I was going to check it out next week but having seen that, I might wash my hair.

Yeah, didn't see that other thread before. I was going to check it out next week but having seen that, I might wash my hair.

Best idea. Do you know the policy they have in the downstairs part of 'Rebels'?

Strict Door With Full Metal Detector Search. No Hoods, Hats, Tracksuit Bottoms. Full Co-Operation With The Police.

No wonder we were verbally abused by 'chavs' coming from downstairs bit, and I am sure others were hassled by these rejects from the Vibes club...

Strict Door With Full Metal Detector Search. No Hoods, Hats, Tracksuit Bottoms. Full Co-Operation With The Police....

That is irrelevant to the club upstairs though. And even we, a pub, have a 'no tracksuit bottoms' policy and its designed to keep undesirables who may be associated with a certain manner of dress out of the venue, not to attract them! I think its good to have a very strict and enforced door policy, and all clubs, and increasingly pubs now, usually have their own standards.

Strict Door With Full Metal Detector Search. No Hoods, Hats, Tracksuit Bottoms. Full Co-Operation With The Police.

No wonder we were verbally abused by 'chavs' coming from downstairs bit, and I am sure others were hassled by these rejects from the Vibes club...

If you were giving Rebs another go, it is a much better idea to approach the club from the street behind (where the Fire Station HQ is) - that way you don't have to meet anyone from the other club!

If you were giving Rebs another go, it is a much better idea to approach the club from the street behind (where the Fire Station HQ is) - that way you don't have to meet anyone from the other club!

Thats the best way yes, although it is such a long time since I have been to this venue I forgot exactly where it was situated and took a wrong turning coming from the back way.....last time I was there it was called CUBA and that was a Saturday rock night, oh circa 1994/5 time...

Most clubs and pubs in sheffield have a no hats, hoods and trackies policy, as do venues in most places anywhere in this country. and how is full cooperation with the police in anyway negative? surely it is a positive sign that places are taking a sensible and responsible position regarding the safety of their patrons.

Archived