Rock bars in Sheffield steel City YO

I went to the Dove and Rainbow at the weekend, the first time I have been in there in years. Last time I went in it was a grim, dingy place with a caravan on the wall!!

I have to say what a great place it is now, fantastic music, great beer, friendly staff and management and a fabulous atmosphere - truly a credit to staff and management - many thanks

:thumbsup::clap::headbang:

Also - can anyone suggest any haunts for local rock acts to play (we used to play barfly but that has gone from Sheffield by all accounts) and I know the Grapes... thats about it! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

The Moorfoot Tavern rock night is still going strong. Live local and national rock bands playing each Saturday night and yours truly providing the music. Last Saturday I played tracks from the new Scorpions album, Ozzy album and Magnum album. I play requests when the band isn't playing.

Buffy

I went to the Dove and Rainbow at the weekend, the first time I have been in there in years. Last time I went in it was a grim, dingy place with a caravan on the wall!!

I have to say what a great place it is now, fantastic music, great beer, friendly staff and management and a fabulous atmosphere - truly a credit to staff and management - many thanks

:thumbsup::clap::headbang:

Thanks Till Man. We have put a lot of work into it to create the sort of environment everyone could feel at one with. And call back in soon as the refurb will be all finished, meaning even more refinements. The new beer garden is one of our highlights, plus all manner of new artwork being created soon around the new extended stage area.

Customer service was always going to be number one, and we have worked very hard to provide a first class bar service from intelligent, friendly and chatty staff, and we all work as a great team, which is so important in any enterprise such as ours. Plus we pay particular attention to our range of real ales and bar dispense, if its not perfect, you wont get it, its that simple. Thats means branded glassware stock levels permitting for all products, Carling, Carlsberg, Staropramen, John Smiths, Strongbow, and that includes cask ales: ie SPITFIRE in a genuine Spitfire glass, BLACK SHEEP in a genione Black Sheep glass, CAMERONS STRONGARM, HOBGOBLIN etc....(I do hate it when pubs serve products in 'generic' standard beer glasses when branded glassware is available FREE from the brewers). We even do real ale in good old fashioned dimpled beer jugs, just ask at the bar!

The Dove and Rainbow will never stay still, we always want it to evolve and grow, so expect continual subtle refinements and improvements as we progress through our evolutionary cycle.

• 4 months later...
Hiya peeps...I am BACK IN SHEFFIELD.....will be checking out the rock bars in town this weekend and they had better be good!!!!!! Here for a full month this time so you better make the most of me!!!!!!!!!

Aren't You Still Barred From The Dove?

Aren't You Still Barred From The Dove?

OH MY GOD, my worst nightmare!!!! SHE is not back is she??? Thought she went back to San francisco or wherever it was....

It's like a bizarre film plot this.....the SEQUEL (ARGHHH)

..you will know if she really is back she has a motor mouth louder than a Motorhead gig and will take over every thread on the forum with LOUD comments........TAKE COVER!!!!!!!

OH MY GOD, my worst nightmare!!!! SHE is not back is she??? Thought she went back to San francisco or wherever it was....

It's like a bizarre film plot this.....the SEQUEL (ARGHHH)

..you will know if she really is back she has a motor mouth louder than a Motorhead gig and will take over every thread on the forum with LOUD comments........TAKE COVER!!!!!!!

Ha ha. Jason, be afraid, be very afraid!!! :hihi:

Archived