The Rebels NightClub Mk 2.

X666 FJP

The thing that bugs me about what metalheads is saying is that rock & alternative types shouldn't have the same amount of choice of where to go clubbing as everyone else who could go to a different place every night if they wanted! :roll:

I see your point, but logistically, the number of 'rockers' (for want of a better label) in Sheffield, compared to the number of 'everyone else', gives the probable answer. There are far more people into 'dance' and 'mainstream' music than there are rock fans.......hence more choice.......so if you have too many venues offering the same thing to a relatively small group of people, its choice yes, but economically for each club does not make as much sense as opening more mainstream or other totally untapped genre markets.

I see your point, but logistically, the number of 'rockers' (for want of a better label) in Sheffield, compared to the number of 'everyone else', gives the probable answer. There are far more people into 'dance' and 'mainstream' music than there are rock fans.......hence more choice.......so if you have too many venues offering the same thing to a relatively small group of people, its choice yes, but economically for each club does not make as much sense as opening more mainstream or other totally untapped genre markets.

Both the former 'Fez' and Casbah are quite little though so I think Sheffield can easily sustain those and Corp - people might just go out more given a bit more choice.

I got fed up of going to the same club week in week out so I like the prospect of it being a bit more like the old days - aside from the bit with the sticky carpets and flooded loos of course! :hihi:

I am quite excited by the prospect of a new rock night/club.

IMO Copr has gradually gone down hill, most of my most recent nights in there have been average at best, and it seems to be pretty dead.

I agree with you the Corp has definately gone down hill recently most of my friends refuse to go there anymore.

I feel the Corp just want to do music for students now and are not interested in the rest of us.

I agree with you the Corp has definately gone down hill recently most of my friends refuse to go there anymore.

I feel the Corp just want to do music for students now and are not interested in the rest of us.

And this is where Rebels and The Tube will come into play. :clap:

Archived