The Rebels NightClub Mk 2.

X666 FJP

Don't understand why open a 3rd rock club when there are 2 already! Corporation is great and has 3 rooms and apparently is many times the size of this Fex Club and much better....

I met a lot of 'old rockers' in last 5 days and everyone was talking about it but no one had a kind word to say about the guy who owns this new club...apparently he ripped off loads of folks back in the 90's and turned his old rock club into a dance club, leaving the town with no rock nights at all??? Apparently it was also the Corporation who brought back rock nights to this town after he ****** off everyone big time.

So count me out Rebels.....with opinions like that from your intended audience it ain't gonna be pretty....:gag:

Where will you go New Years eve then ?

The Nelson in my mind was hardly a rock night.

I went home it was so bad

The Corp did a dance night or some cr@p

the cheap drinks will get people in the new Rebels

as this sort of thing happend in Nottingham when the Rig opened under Rock City they did cheap drinks etc until the competition The Zone stopped the rock night and then they hiked the prices back up to be more expensive than the Zone.

I get the feeling the same may happen here.

Where will you go New Years eve then ?

The Nelson in my mind was hardly a rock night.

I went home it was so bad

The Corp did a dance night or some cr@p

the cheap drinks will get people in the new Rebels

as this sort of thing happend in Nottingham when the Rig opened under Rock City they did cheap drinks etc until the competition The Zone stopped the rock night and then they hiked the prices back up to be more expensive than the Zone.

I get the feeling the same may happen here.

I cant see the Corporation giving up their very well established Friday and Sat nights....they have worked hard to create those now classic nights over the last 12 years or so and I think most people will be loyal to the Corporation as many people now will only remember the Corporation as SHeffield's rock club venue...

and the cheap drinks, well the Corp do £1.50 bottles as well I think so whats different? The only thing cheaper is the entry price.......

I cant see the Corporation giving up their very well established Friday and Sat nights....they have worked hard to create those now classic nights over the last 12 years or so and I think most people will be loyal to the Corporation as many people now will only remember the Corporation as SHeffield's rock club venue...

and the cheap drinks, well the Corp do £1.50 bottles as well I think so whats different? The only thing cheaper is the entry price.......

The problem with corp is it's dirty, It looks dirty it feels dirty and people would rather go to a club where they don't have to worry about touching anything.

I really think they will struggle and I can't see people thinking back on corp's glory days in the same way as they do about rebels.

rebels will be an instant success just using it's old name to relaunch, whether it stays that way will be a matter of which club can offer the best service.

The problem with corp is it's dirty, It looks dirty it feels dirty and people would rather go to a club where they don't have to worry about touching anything.

I really think they will struggle and I can't see people thinking back on corp's glory days in the same way as they do about rebels.

rebels will be an instant success just using it's old name to relaunch, whether it stays that way will be a matter of which club can offer the best service.

i can't agree, we look back on rebels with rose tinted glasses because we wre there, it was our initiation into rock and metal circles. Rebs was dirty,small,the beer was poor at best and some nights were terriable. I loved it, but only because it was part of growing up just the same as roxys, just like corp will be to many. Mutley has done a great job and these things seem to come and go in cycles, as rock fluctuates in popular culture.

I'll be there on sat with a open mind and a bottle of brown, if it's sh@t then you makes your own choice not to go back. Until then

P.s. just got back from pub, so excuse the typing

I personally don't like the Corp, nothing wrong with it in principal. Good music, good variety, different rooms etc. I just think the atmosphere is crap. Can't quite put my finger on why but there's just something about it. Maybe the room is too big.

For me it's the lack of seats and tables - I'm old and grumpy and can't be doing with standing up all the time! :hihi:

For me it's the lack of seats and tables - I'm old and grumpy and can't be doing with standing up all the time! :hihi:

its the reverse for me, I am so fidgety I have to be on my feet all the time and moving around....hate to sit in one place for more than 10 minutes.....my idea of a good club is one with few tables or chairs in it, just standing space.....

Archived