The Rebels NightClub Mk 2.

X666 FJP

:thumbsup: i think steve has got it right pub and night club in one area no trailing round all the pubs getting soaked in the rain

the same in notts the tap&tumbler then the rig or rock city

but i still like the dove & rainbow and to see the bands buffy puts on

at the moorfoot sorry i did not see the last tara secrets :sad: gig as i went to see roger waters with some old mates in london

hay good news oyster cards are very good easy to use and cut the cost of tube travel round london next time you go get one:love:

Don't worry dude Nobody got to see the Last Tara's Secret gig as the band didn't play. But they got to see an awesome NEW band called "Storytellers Night" they raised the roof for nearly 2 hours!!! If you love 80's rock but are tired of hearing the same old songs done again and again then check this band out. You will be singing along to every track (did I mention I front them???) :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Don't worry dude Nobody got to see the Last Tara's Secret gig as the band didn't play. But they got to see an awesome NEW band called "Storytellers Night" they raised the roof for nearly 2 hours!!! If you love 80's rock but are tired of hearing the same old songs done again and again then check this band out. You will be singing along to every track (did I mention I front them???) :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

When's the next gig at the Moorfoot RedRocker? :hihi:

hi redrocker

have they got a myspace ? thanks will give them a ear something along magnum lines? or not as the name storytellers night points that way

yes yes it is

It is? Wow...

He's the Tony Soprano of Sheffield. He once gave me a look that chilled me to the bone. Brrr......

Is little Steve still involved in his dad's undertakings?

I cant see the Corporation giving up their very well established Friday and Sat nights....they have worked hard to create those now classic nights over the last 12 years or so and I think most people will be loyal to the Corporation as many people now will only remember the Corporation as SHeffield's rock club venue...

and the cheap drinks, well the Corp do £1.50 bottles as well I think so whats different? The only thing cheaper is the entry price.......

i have never got a cheap drink in the corp as i only drink cider the only place i have had a cheap pint of cider is your pub that stuff in that cardboard box "is that cider legal "!!! but it tastes good anyway and only costs £2.00 a pint but back to Rebels you must be over 30 to remember rebels if you started going at 18

so what you say about the young people will only know the corp is true maybe rebels will be full of the same old faces dancing to cherry pie we will all have to see how it turns out but if us old gits are still going to rebels in 15 years time

they will have to make parking space 4 mobility scooters and a sign in rebels saying

no zimmer frames on the dance floor!

I personally don't like the Corp, nothing wrong with it in principal. Good music, good variety, different rooms etc. I just think the atmosphere is crap. Can't quite put my finger on why but there's just something about it. Maybe the room is too big.

I agree. Ish. The one thing about Rebels and the Pock Nights at Poxy's was that everything was all in one place. Rebels especially. Everyone heard everything, and everyone knew everyone.

I think the thing about the 'old' days of Rebels, Limit, Pock Night at Poxy's and all that, is that people moved about, talking (or shouting) at others while different music was being played. Now, people stay in "their rooms".

No - its re-opening at the Fez club back of Debenhams, near Corporation. Also the Empire bar is re-opening as a rock/indie bar. Does this mean the demise of Alvin and the Chipmunks on acid style pap we have had to put up with for years? i doubt it:hihi:

Archived