Cactus club: what's the spec?

Solomon1

hello everyone :)

have heard lots of rumours about the cactus club, but have never ventured there....

does anyone on here know what type of venue it is and what kind of music? and how often things happen?

thanking you

Sol

I've only been once - but the Cactus Club is a reasonable sized square shaped room - maybe 500 capacity (??) in Pitsmoor - just off the main road. I think its recently changed hands. Music tends to be reggae I think. A few underground dance promoters tried using it - but it was difficult to get people up there from town.

A few dance nights have be put on, some have done ok others not so well. Most have been badly advertised. Fat Moon did a new year thing that was not very busy but the people who went really enjoyed it.

The NYE thing was Karma (Dil & Gordie) - a good party - though not rammed and supposedly the busiest thing that had been there for ages...

Archived