The Stop Smoking Megathread [ including Champix]

Whatever works for you. :hihi: Champix was the best for me and I must say I enjoy being a nonsmoker most of the time:banana:

So good luck to all of you thinking about quitting and good luck to those of you out there that are a nonsmoker:clap:

Thanks everyone for your advice and support, I am going to keep taking the prescribed dosage until I can't handle the side effects any more then I will cut down the dosage.

I normally look forward to the weird dreams I have whilst on CHAMPIX but last night all I dreamt about was smoking, I dreamt I was smoking but because I wasn't inhaling I was telling everyone that I was a non-smoker but no one would believe me and I didn't understand why.

Hey fellow quitters.

39 days quit, 53 days on the champs.

Like a few posters on here feelings for a cig happens couple times a day, but i guess mostly habit. Another side effect that's crept up on me is the bloated one, i swear some days i look pregnent :gag:

Other than that everything else is really great. Don't forget it's one day at a time and before you know it time will pass quick.

Keep up the good work :D

This is my very first post, so pleased I have found you. A big Hello to you all.:) I am 42 and smoked all of my life around 20 to 25 every single day, sometimes more at the weekend! I'm on day 8 of Champix and smoking down to 3 or 4 per day. My quit day is this Saturday, so fingers crossed.

I just need some reassurance, please. I'm not feeling great, :( with night sweats like I have never had in my life!!. Not having very much sleep and my arms feel really heavy. Today I have goose bumps all over my skin even thou I a warm its such a creepy feeling and I don't have any energy. Has anyone else felt like this. I so don't want to give in now as I truly want to be a non smoker. Any help, advice or if you can share what you have been through with Champix it would be very welcome at this point. Many thanks for reading and hope to hear back soon. Paula x

This is my very first post, so pleased I have found you. A big Hello to you all.:) I am 42 and smoked all of my life around 20 to 25 every single day, sometimes more at the weekend! I'm on day 8 of Champix and smoking down to 3 or 4 per day. My quit day is this Saturday, so fingers crossed.

I just need some reassurance, please. I'm not feeling great, :( with night sweats like I have never had in my life!!. Not having very much sleep and my arms feel really heavy. Today I have goose bumps all over my skin even thou I a warm its such a creepy feeling and I don't have any energy. Has anyone else felt like this. I so don't want to give in now as I truly want to be a non smoker. Any help, advice or if you can share what you have been through with Champix it would be very welcome at this point. Many thanks for reading and hope to hear back soon. Paula x

Hi Paula! Welcome to the site!

Fortunately this is all normal! It isn't anything to do with the Champix, its your body getting used to the Lack of Nicotine, I'm going through the exact same side effects!

It does get easier! im on Day 3 of no cigarettes at all and i'm sleeping all the time, and constant goose bumps. But apparently it goes after day 5! keep up the good work! and good luck for Saturday

Anna x

Hi Paula! Welcome to the site!

Fortunately this is all normal! It isn't anything to do with the Champix, its your body getting used to the Lack of Nicotine, I'm going through the exact same side effects!

It does get easier! im on Day 3 of no cigarettes at all and i'm sleeping all the time, and constant goose bumps. But apparently it goes after day 5! keep up the good work! and good luck for Saturday

Anna x

Hi Anna, thank you so much for taking the time to reply.:) Day 3 for you that's just great, well done. The goose bump thing is very odd, I am warm but covered in the blinking things, I truly did think it was the Champix so many thanks for sharing this with me. Good luck and keep up the good work. Paula x

Thought i'd have my say after spotting this thread. I stopped smoking on 12th June and I did it cold turkey. I have read Allen Carr's Stop smoking book and just got on with it. I don't feel like I need to smoke and I don't need any nicotine replacement. The book is really good. I would recommend without hesitation. Well done and good luck to everyone xx

Thought i'd have my say after spotting this thread. I stopped smoking on 12th June and I did it cold turkey. I have read Allen Carr's Stop smoking book and just got on with it. I don't feel like I need to smoke and I don't need any nicotine replacement. The book is really good. I would recommend without hesitation. Well done and good luck to everyone xx

Hi Selphie. My quit day was June 12th too so congratulations on day 20 of being smoke free! I too read Allen Carr's book and constantly listen to his CD in my car. I'm also on Champix (day 35) which helped incredibly but if I had to say which has helped me the most I'd say Allen Carr. He really is brilliant and helps you to explode the myths about smoking and realise that you really do not need nor want it ... he is my guru and think his books should be available at NHS stop smoking clinics!

Anyway well done to all you quitters out there .... one day at a time :)