The Stop Smoking Megathread [ including Champix]

I think non smokers were a bit more tolerant in them days people seem to to be a bit more heath conscious now days,non smokers would happily sit in a smoke filled room with there friends,I used to go in smoky pubs myself and never think about it and like I say I have never smoked at all, most of my mates smoked back then and as a youngster most of the girls I when out with smoked as well.

Hold on a minute. You just claimed that everyone in the pub was a smoker. Make up your mind which way this fable is going.

I quite like avin a cig outside boozer these day's, stuff the PC brigade !!!

The PC brigade have nothing to do with it. It was the health authorities who persuaded the government to ban inside smoking, so go stuff yourself.

Oh I see. So the smokers were allowed in first and only if there was any room did you allow non smokers in? There again you could just be telling porkies.

You might get away with such blatant falsehoods to your mates but please don't assume everyone on here is quite so gullible.

I was not bothered if they were smokers or not all I said was the pub was always full.

:hihi: The PC brigade are in all walks of life, including the government, don't kid thi sen !!! ;)

I'm not kiddin mi sen. The WHO made the recomendation. I'm not sure how you narrow it down to just the PC element in such an organisation. But if it makes you happy to think that I'll not stand in your way. Indeed I'll wave to you through the windows.

I was not bothered if they were smokers or not all I said was the pub was always full.

Perhaps you need to read your own posts.

Originally Posted by Tom Fletcher

I think just about everyone who went in a pub in them days smoked

I'm not kiddin mi sen. The WHO made the recomendation. I'm not sure how you narrow it down to just the PC element in such an organisation. But if it makes you happy to think that I'll not stand in your way. Indeed I'll wave to you through the windows.

Indeed you may, and if they were not PC brigade who are they then, it's a stupid rule which has helped towards closing down thousands of business's.

I'll gi thi a wave aswell I'm like that :):):):)

Hold on a minute. You just claimed that everyone in the pub was a smoker. Make up your mind which way this fable is going.
Do you mean like every single one was a smoker I don't understand your point it certainly seemed like it with the amount of smoke in the place , there were some non smokers in pubs in them days Im sure but they were in the minority.