The Stop Smoking Megathread [ including Champix]

Perhaps you need to read your own posts.

Originally Posted by Tom Fletcher

I think just about everyone who went in a pub in them days smoked

What are you after an argument or something,I said the pub was always full I did not care if they were smokers or not at the time,all I meant was it seemed like every one was a smoker with the all the smoke around in the pubs at the time, not only my pub most pubs in them days were smoke filled busy places.

What are you after an argument or something,I said the pub was always full I did not care if they were smokers or not at the time,all I meant was it seemed like every one was a smoker with the all the smoke around in the pubs at the time, not only my pub most pubs in them days were smoke filled busy places.

Consigned to history now....:)

I think its a bit different to H+S in that scenario,if you do not smoke you would not want to work in a smoking pub I should imagine,the job advertised would clearly state if it was a smoking or non smoking pub it would be up to the individual to make the choice and that would have been a lot fairer,the point is its done know and I can't see the government going back on things know if anything I think they are ready to bring even more restrictions on smokers and there dirty habit.

So in another industry, say one where you had to work with dangerous chemicals, instead of implementing H&S procedures, they could just advertise and state in the job description that there is a risk from dangerous chemicals.

Do you see why that doesn't really work?

Taxi are you joking £15 from town to home,Iv never drink and drive in my life,but can you cast your memory back a few years ago when all the pub car parks were full that was a nail in the coffin for a lot of the country pubs tightening up on the drink driving laws,just stating a fact not saying I agree with drink driving one bit,

I'm only in my 30's, so maybe you're talking about casting your mind back to a time when neither drinking or driving would have been an option for me.

Most pubs BEFORE the smoking that promoted food had a well lit, well ventilated area where they had a no smoking area. No smoking area's were getting bigger and bigger before the ban. The Ban was to appease Do-Gooders and the PC brigade and there'll be more to come until they outlaw smoking from the country. That is when millions of people will rise and kick off properly. This is supposed to be a democratic society with free will and speech for all. Everyone has a right and an opinion.

If someone wants to smoke that's upto them. When they do outlaw it and ban it, that is when the country will have failed in it's obligations of fairness to all.

Thousands of business's and jobs have already been lost through out the country due to this and the previous governments short comings as people and managers.

It's turning into a dictatorship!

You already can't move around freely without being watched, you already have to watch what you say just in case it offends someone you don't even know and now we're being told what we can and can't do in our own homes!

What's next? A basic wage for everyone and you must buy so much of this, some of that and some of the opther and the rest is yours to do what you want with?.... Oh Wait, that's already happening.... Erm......... :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Oh dear, we're already a dictatorship :shakes:

Most pubs BEFORE the smoking that promoted food had a well lit, well ventilated area where they had a no smoking area. No smoking area's were getting bigger and bigger before the ban. The Ban was to appease Do-Gooders and the PC brigade and there'll be more to come until they outlaw smoking from the country. That is when millions of people will rise and kick off properly. This is supposed to be a democratic society with free will and speech for all. Everyone has a right and an opinion.

If someone wants to smoke that's upto them. When they do outlaw it and ban it, that is when the country will have failed in it's obligations of fairness to all.

Thousands of business's and jobs have already been lost through out the country due to this and the previous governments short comings as people and managers.

You already can't move around freely without being watched, you already have to watch what you say just in case it offends someone you don't even know and now we're being told what we can and can't do in our own homes!

What's next? A basic wage for everyone and you must buy so much of this, some of that and some of the opther and the rest is yours to do what you want with?.... Oh Wait, that's already happening.... Erm......... :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I just love the image of smokers rising up to fight the power, after they've had a quick fag of course.

The do gooders and PC brigade who make up the 80% of the public that don't smoke? (Is it really that high these days?)

Democracy doesn't mean carte blanche to do what you like with no regard for everyone else. Smoke as much as you want, just don't inflict it on anyone else.

I just love the image of smokers rising up to fight the power, after they've had a quick fag of course.

They'll be easily defeated, run a couple of yards away and watch them come wheezing after you. Repeat until you get bored then run home.

No I'm just interested in your version of history.

You claim that the pub was always full and that nearly everyone in there smoked. You yourself tell of how the place was full of smoke. And yet even then more than 70% of the adult population didn't smoke. I just wonder how you would explain the fact that most of the 70% who didn't smoke so obviously didn't go into the pub. Simple question. I'll answer it if you are having trouble

What's next? A basic wage for everyone and you must buy so much of this, some of that and some of the opther and the rest is yours to do what you want with?.... Oh Wait, that's already happening.... Erm......... :confused: :confused:

Great post !!!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: