The Stop Smoking Megathread [ including Champix]

Most pubs BEFORE the smoking that promoted food had a well lit, well ventilated area where they had a no smoking area. No smoking area's were getting bigger and bigger before the ban. The Ban was to appease Do-Gooders and the PC brigade and there'll be more to come until they outlaw smoking from the country. That is when millions of people will rise and kick off properly. This is supposed to be a democratic society with free will and speech for all. Everyone has a right and an opinion.

If someone wants to smoke that's upto them. When they do outlaw it and ban it, that is when the country will have failed in it's obligations of fairness to all.

Thousands of business's and jobs have already been lost through out the country due to this and the previous governments short comings as people and managers.

It's turning into a dictatorship!

You already can't move around freely without being watched, you already have to watch what you say just in case it offends someone you don't even know and now we're being told what we can and can't do in our own homes!

What's next? A basic wage for everyone and you must buy so much of this, some of that and some of the opther and the rest is yours to do what you want with?.... Oh Wait, that's already happening.... Erm......... :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Oh dear, we're already a dictatorship :shakes:

Great post !!!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

The seeds of revolution.....

No I'm just interested in your version of history.

You claim that the pub was always full and that nearly everyone in there smoked. You yourself tell of how the place was full of smoke. And yet even then more than 70% of the adult population didn't smoke. I just wonder how you would explain the fact that most of the 70% who didn't smoke so obviously didn't go into the pub. Simple question. I'll answer it if you are having trouble

In % I would say about 95% of the people who came in my pubs were smokers,Im trying to think back its a long time ago I don't know what the other 70% of non smokers did all I can tell you is most of the people who came in the pubs smoked,do you mean did I try to attract more non smokers in the pubs at the time.

Thanks Inger, Kazpa.

Another note, past couple of weeks i've noticed that i kinda struggle to catch my breath and find myself having to control my breathing with a couple of deep breaths. Also at about dawn i find myself waking up because my sinus's all blocked.

Sometimes i swear i was fitter when i smoked lol

Hi

I have been stopped 3 months tomorrow and I had a hard time with an ear infection and other illnesses but I am getting there now. I stopped champix after 6 weeks and I have just kept going a day at a time.

It does feel that we were fitter when we smoked but we know that is not true. Time will heal!!!

Good luck :)

When I was younger just about everybody around me at the time smoked,in pubs in restaurants on buses in cinemas everybody I knew smoked, they say at the time 70% of the population did not smoke then, yet after decades of advertising price hikes smoking bans people still smoke,and only 10% more don't smoke now,so is all the pressure on people to stop smoking working?

most pubs before the smoking that promoted food had a well lit, well ventilated area where they had a no smoking area. No smoking area's were getting bigger and bigger before the ban. The ban was to appease do-gooders and the pc brigade and there'll be more to come until they outlaw smoking from the country. That is when millions of people will rise and kick off properly. This is supposed to be a democratic society with free will and speech for all. Everyone has a right and an opinion.

If someone wants to smoke that's upto them. When they do outlaw it and ban it, that is when the country will have failed in it's obligations of fairness to all.

Thousands of business's and jobs have already been lost through out the country due to this and the previous governments short comings as people and managers.

It's turning into a dictatorship!

You already can't move around freely without being watched, you already have to watch what you say just in case it offends someone you don't even know and now we're being told what we can and can't do in our own homes!

What's next? A basic wage for everyone and you must buy so much of this, some of that and some of the opther and the rest is yours to do what you want with?.... Oh wait, that's already happening.... Erm......... :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Oh dear, we're already a dictatorship :shakes:

1984! .

The Ban was to appease Do-Gooders and the PC brigade

Are smokers Do-Badders?

That is when millions of people will rise and kick off properly. This is supposed to be a democratic society with free will and speech for all. Everyone has a right and an opinion.

If someone wants to smoke that's upto them.

It is a democratic country - thats why smoking indoors was banned. But no body is stopping anyone smoking - they just cannot do it inside in public buildings

Anyway.. speak to anyone in the pub trade and they'll tell you that trad local pubs were suffering and closing well before the smoking ban.

When I was younger just about everybody around me at the time smoked,in pubs in restaurants on buses in cinemas everybody I knew smoked, they say at the time 70% of the population did not smoke then, yet after decades of advertising price hikes smoking bans people still smoke,and only 10% more don't smoke now,so is all the pressure on people to stop smoking working?

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/cci/nugget.asp?id=866

It fell from 45% of adults in 1974 to 25% of adults today. That's nearly halved in 3 decades.

Are smokers Do-Badders?

It is a democratic country - thats why smoking indoors was banned. But no body is stopping anyone smoking - they just cannot do it inside in public buildings

Anyway.. speak to anyone in the pub trade and they'll tell you that trad local pubs were suffering and closing well before the smoking ban.

I don't remember there being a public vote