The Stop Smoking Megathread [ including Champix]

Hi All, Not been on for a while but thought I'd give you an update on me I am now 18 months smokes free! I smoked for 18 years and never thought I would be free of Nicotine. Good luck to everyone Champix is amazing in my eyes! U can do it :-)

Hi All, Not been on for a while but thought I'd give you an update on me I am now 18 months smokes free! I smoked for 18 years and never thought I would be free of Nicotine. Good luck to everyone Champix is amazing in my eyes! U can do it :-)

Way to go Kaza, you have done really brilliantly. I can't wait till Sunday as I will have been free of that nictotine monster for two years :D What can I do to celebrate not sure yet but I will be so pleased with myself.

If I can give up then anybody can.

Keep up the excellent work.

Champix is a fantastic tool to help you quit.

hi...it is my 3 day smoke free....i use unly one pill/day...it is enough for me and as long as it works i don't need 2 pills/day....but i worry about one thing: after finishing the pills the cravings will appear again? i plan to take the pills for 5 weeks..it is enough time for my body to get rid of nicotine, to be clear of nicotine?...otherwise i feel great, only some stomac hurts..but no bad behaviour, no depression, i feel calm and very proud and happy that i did it.

hi...it is my 3 day smoke free....i use unly one pill/day...it is enough for me and as long as it works i don't need 2 pills/day....but i worry about one thing: after finishing the pills the cravings will appear again? i plan to take the pills for 5 weeks..it is enough time for my body to get rid of nicotine, to be clear of nicotine?...otherwise i feel great, only some stomac hurts..but no bad behaviour, no depression, i feel calm and very proud and happy that i did it.

The pills are developed to work as a 12 week course. If you read back through this thread there are people who gave up early only to start smoking again. There are others who stopped early with the pills and had no problems.

It's your choice but be aware of the risks.

I was very wary about coming off the tablets and having taken them for 11 weeks, I cut down to half a day. After 3 days I kept forgetting to take it so figured my time had come.

Im my opinion (and it is just that) you are not being fair on yourself stopping the tablets too early.

Good Luck!

x

Two years for me today. I am really proud of myself. I think that I may have to celebrate a bit lol.

Good luck to everybody else on here trying to quit and also those of you that already have.

Becky

Well done Becky. Each anniversary is a great feeling isn't it?

xxxxx

Way to go Kaza, you have done really brilliantly. I can't wait till Sunday as I will have been free of that nictotine monster for two years :D What can I do to celebrate not sure yet but I will be so pleased with myself.

If I can give up then anybody can.

Keep up the excellent work.

Champix is a fantastic tool to help you quit.

Thanks Taimah, snap if i can do it so can everyone xxx

Edited by Kaza

Two years for me today. I am really proud of myself. I think that I may have to celebrate a bit lol.

Good luck to everybody else on here trying to quit and also those of you that already have.

Becky

How time goes - two years for Becky - well done!

I'm 'still' 3 months behind you but I think 2 years is quite a milestone - its a long time without smoking. I think when I get there I will hopefully feel that I have indeed stopped for good.

Well done,