The Stop Smoking Megathread [ including Champix]

hi...it is my 3 day smoke free....i use unly one pill/day...it is enough for me and as long as it works i don't need 2 pills/day....but i worry about one thing: after finishing the pills the cravings will appear again? i plan to take the pills for 5 weeks..it is enough time for my body to get rid of nicotine, to be clear of nicotine?...otherwise i feel great, only some stomac hurts..but no bad behaviour, no depression, i feel calm and very proud and happy that i did it.

Hi, Don't hurry to get off the Champix unnecessarilly its not important in the long term. Stopping smoking and staying smokefree is.

I found despite the side effects the full 12 weeks made sense for me, coming off was a little fraught (reverse starter pack) but even in retrospect I think the full course made sense but it does vary person to person.

I actually found it more difficult once I was fully off the champix, despite being meant to be over the addiction /craving by then I found I still had strong urges. Thats when I put on weight too for some reason..

Anything that helps is good so maybe don't rush to reduce champix doses and end the tablets. There is lots of past expiriences on forum of stopping champix and how it worked for others.

I am new to this but would like to share my experience. I am on day 9 of champix and day 2 of no smoking. The first 7 days I felt a little off! Day 8 was my quit day so far so good! No sickness or any other side effects so far since I stopped smoking. I am smoking 20-25 per day for the last 21 years, have tried to quit before but to no avail. I am finding it so easy with champix I am having little cravings but nothing I can't handle!!

Wish me luck I know its early days yet

_________

Never give up! Try Champix!

Edited by mar4ela

I am new to this but would like to share my experience. I am on day 9 of champix and day 2 of no smoking. The first 7 days I felt a little off! Day 8 was my quit day so far so good! No sickness or any other side effects so far since I stopped smoking. I am smoking 20-25 per day for the last 21 years, have tried to quit before but to no avail. I am finding it so easy with champix I am having little cravings but nothing I can't handle!!

Wish me luck I know its early days yet

Good luck, you can do it, Champix makes it a lot more bearable to quit.

Becky

I just got up one morning threw them in the bin and never smoked again

The last August Bank Holiday I went on a long weekend narrowboat trip with all non smokers. I have not had one since although I was a smoker of small cigars,if that makes any difference.

Edited by matsalleh

Hi i am on day 13 of Champix and so far have cut down from 20 to 10 a day (which i find amazing).There are only a handful of people who know i am trying to quit so its hard as i dont have people to ask for advice.I really hope i quit soon as im not enjoying a cigarette like i used to but dont feel i can stop right now.

I dont smoke, never have & never will, and i dont have a big problem with people who do but, i do wonder why people do smoke?

If they know if affects the health of themselves and their loved ones, not to mention the costs it incurs then why ?

Whats prompted me to ask is this, ....

I have just driven around doing my job, noticing pople trying to light up in the howling wind and rain, some with children hanging onto puschairs shivering away, whilst mom or dad try to light their cigarettes...sorry but it just baffles me....:confused: