The Stop Smoking Megathread [ including Champix]

Yes :P:D So, why did you start?

Family death.. I thought it'd help because everyone smokes when they're stressed, but obviously it didn't. I just took it up to look cool after that :)

Errrm, thought I should point out that I don't think smoking makes people look cool nor would I encourage it.. Infact I take an active approach to annoying people into stopping!

Edited by Nataliie

im all glad you stopped smoking , if thats your wish, then fair do's but i truely love smoking , it tastes great, that one after a meal, fantastic ! it costs a bit yes, but everything does.

i like it that much i now consider it a hobby !

Couldn't agree more. I've quit twice for a fair few months and I've gone back not through addiction but because I enjoy every part of the smoking experience. I like the edge of the craving, I like rolling my cigarette and I love taking drags until I'm done with the cigarette. The only bit I don't like so much is the end of the cigarette..... I only smoke the forst two thirds.

I have stopped but I am still tempted by the odd fag.Its so hard when others are clearly enjoying a fag,so I try to keep clear of those places now.

aww well, you are not the only guy on here who likes to take a fag occasionally.:suspect:

Quit 6 months, what a con smoking is. And it is a lot easier to stop then the govt and private sector ads like to make out. It's just a con, an element of control. You are stupid if you believe of any benefits to smoking

dont think anyone said there is any benefits to smoking ?

but it DOES taste great to me, i know the price in money and life expectancy, the money goes up, the life expectancy goes down, i can live with the results im doing to myself, and my god i love it !!!!

I quit years ago ,I suppose I was motivated, but having to listen to people preaching to me how bad it was could have driven me back to smoking, they dind't help one bit, just made it harder, also there's nothing worse than having to listen to reformed smokers :roll:

I quit years ago ,I suppose I was motivated, but having to listen to people preaching to me how bad it was could have driven me back to smoking, they dind't help one bit, just made it harder, also there's nothing worse than having to listen to reformed smokers :roll:

:hihi::hihi::hihi:....Listen to you!