The Stop Smoking Megathread [ including Champix]

I do enjoy smoking roll ups, but I don't see the point in smoking 10-20 a day. Some days I'll not even think about smoking. I actually don't think it's any more addictive (to me) than chocolate, which I also enjoy and would miss if I couldn't get hold of any.

I accept that for some people it's 20 a day or nothing (with nothing usually being out of the question!), but for me I have tried not to form a particular habit around how much I smoke per day.

I think you will find that you already have.

I think you will find that you already have.

Not really, since some days I don't smoke, other days I'll only smoke in the evening, other days I'll have one in the daytime. Some months I get through one pouch, others I get through 2.

I honestly believe if you can resist from forming a habit around how much you smoke every day, or how frequently you smoke, then you will have much more control over it and enjoy it more.

Not saying that makes it any healthier, but a lot cheaper at least, and easier to give up if you should ever want to.

Not really, since some days I don't smoke, other days I'll only smoke in the evening, other days I'll have one in the daytime. Some months I get through one pouch, others I get through 2.

I honestly believe if you can resist from forming a habit around how much you smoke every day, or how frequently you smoke, then you will have much more control over it and enjoy it more.

Not saying that makes it any healthier, but a lot cheaper at least, and easier to give up if you should ever want to.

You are addicted. I can tell. Admit it.:roll:

You are addicted. I can tell. Admit it.:roll:

Like I said, I am as addicted to smoking as much as chocolate. I enjoy them both. Everyone is technically addicted to things they enjoy.

So what is the real difference between a smoking addict and someone who "can't live" without TV or their iPod?

If someone loved bananas, I could ask them to prove they're not addicted by not eating another banana. If they then said "I'm not addicted I just enjoy them", I could just as logically and stubbornly reply with "if you're not addicted, prove it and give up".

Edited by epiphany

dont think anyone said there is any benefits to smoking ?

but it DOES taste great to me, i know the price in money and life expectancy, the money goes up, the life expectancy goes down, i can live with the results im doing to myself, and my god i love it !!!!

Think relaxation has been mentioned. Again, another trick (its the deep inhaling which makes the brain think relaxed).

I used to think a cigarette tasted good, but its yet another psychological trick (a bit like Mcdonalds do with chips and burgers).

And at 7 quid a pack for a nasty disease at some point in life, no thanks.

But, after knowing all this you are still a willing follower, good luck I guess, hope you dodge the bullett.

Think relaxation has been mentioned. Again, another trick (its the deep inhaling which makes the brain think relaxed).

I used to think a cigarette tasted good, but its yet another psychological trick (a bit like Mcdonalds do with chips and burgers).

And at 7 quid a pack for a nasty disease at some point in life, no thanks.

But, after knowing all this you are still a willing follower, good luck I guess, hope you dodge the bullett.

i dont think its a question of dogding the bullet per-se, i have gone the easy way round and accepted i WILL get the big c, its part of the package , look on the worst side or everything and then anything else is an improvement :D