The Stop Smoking Megathread [ including Champix]

I smoked around 20 a day from 1989 to 2007 then started to realise the long term ailments - what i did has worked for someone else too so give it a try....

I smoked my normal 20 regals by 5pm, then i smoked another 20 before I went to bed, usually about 11.30pm, I planned to do this for a week, I only lasted 4 days as when I was getting up I was in right state feeling like someone was trying to strangle me my throat was in that much pain.

Of course everyone is different but this worked for me and one of my workmates at the time, at the end of the day willpower is what it is all about, I just knew I never wanted to feel like that again and it worked for me as I have not had one since.

You can have all the patches, tablets you like, but for me 'overdosing' on tobacco was the key, other than that I'd try hypnotism - good luck :)

This is crazy!! I wouldn't dare smoke these much. I usually smoke about 10 and on worse days 15 to 20

This is crazy!! I wouldn't dare smoke these much. I usually smoke about 10 and on worse days 15 to 20

well you go ahead and carry on smoking 10 - 15 a day for the rest of your life kid, I bet you'll end up smoking more than I did, different horses for different courses this worked for me - sorted !