The Stop Smoking Megathread [ including Champix]

Rothschild - I hate to upset you but nearly 3 years on and I still think about them, not in a "gimme a fag or I'll rip your head off" sort of way, more like the loss of something much loved. Right now, I just know that my cup of tea was much better when drunk outside with a ciggy in my hand.

Yeah that still crops up from time to time with me and I gave up 8 years ago :hihi: I know that's not funny but i'm knew and I want to use every gizmo the site offers :thumbsup:

I am into my third year of not smoking now. I never even think about smoking. I lost all desire to smoke within weeks of stopping. I knew from that point that I would never smoke again. I read the Allen Carr Easy way book which helped greatly. When I see smokers huddled outside pubs now having their fix I just feel sorry for them.

I stopped smoking after reading about Champix on here so THANKYOU

Took my first tablet on my Son's 16th Birthday in January 2009 as an incentive and it worked.

Haven't had a cigarette since finishing my course of tablets, My Daughter and Son in Law stopped with them as well.

I was terrified of craving for years like I had heard or read but have been fine, and know I will never smoke again and still cant believe I managed to quit.

Denise

I stopped smoking after reading about Champix on here so THANKYOU

Took my first tablet on my Son's 16th Birthday in January 2009 as an incentive and it worked.

Haven't had a cigarette since finishing my course of tablets, My Daughter and Son in Law stopped with them as well.

I was terrified of craving for years like I had heard or read but have been fine, and know I will never smoke again and still cant believe I managed to quit.

Denise

Well done Denise :D Im stopping tomorrow-with patches and willpower. Im not able to have tablets because of medication Im on.

Hi everyone I'm back ... not sure if any of you remember me but just over a year ago I tried to quit with a really good incentive, but unfortunatley have been off and on with the ciggies ever since, and for the last 5 months have been smoking about 30 a day without a break, I feel terrible both physically and mentally ... I am now on day 4 of champix, I haven't told any of my nearest and dearest probably because they will all say here we go again ( any of you that do remember me might recall that I have been trying to quit ever since I started which is about 32 years ago !) anyway, hubby is due home from work for two weeks on Wednesday which will be day 10 of the pills and we have a very hectic social time ahead, he will be home for 2 weeks so I'm not sure whether to quit on day 8 giving me a couple of days free of smoking before he gets back or whether to wait until he goes back to work, by which time I will have been on the pills for over 3 weeks which seems like a long time to be smoking and taking the pills (by the way hubby smokes for Australia so it does make it hard to quit ! ) any advice on this would be appreciated ...

Also I would just like to say thankyou to all the oldies that keep on posting here, you are all inspirational, without knowing it you may have saved someone's life ... keep up the good work ...

well, here we go again, wish me luck ...

Sue x

P.S wonder how long it will take for my nearest and dearest to notice that I'm not smoking again ... will let you all know :)