The Stop Smoking Megathread [ including Champix]

Guest sibon
k all been a month today without a fag smoked for over 20 years went for cold turkey option would like to here from people trying to quit

Merged into megathread.

Congratulations by the way. I'm on my third smoke free year. It does get easier. (And easier to get upstairs:))

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have attempted to stop on numberous occasions, this time will be my first time cold turkey, and to be honest i feel more in control.

Im on day 3 and dont get me wrong the cravings are there but feel like i can fight em better this time,

I stopped for 9 months in 2010 when my dad got diagnosed with lung cancer, stupidly i lit a cig up when my dad was dying and that was 18 months ago, i promised my dad i would do it, so here i am.

Good luck everyone

Rach x

I have attempted to stop on numberous occasions, this time will be my first time cold turkey, and to be honest i feel more in control.

Im on day 3 and dont get me wrong the cravings are there but feel like i can fight em better this time,

I stopped for 9 months in 2010 when my dad got diagnosed with lung cancer, stupidly i lit a cig up when my dad was dying and that was 18 months ago, i promised my dad i would do it, so here i am.

Good luck everyone

Rach x

I found Allen Carr's 'Easy way to stop smoking,' a really good book.

Going cold turkey is the best way.No replacement therapy,just hard cold turkey for 5 days.

Merged into megathread.

Congratulations by the way. I'm on my third smoke free year. It does get easier. (And easier to get upstairs:))

But perhaps never goes away.I finished painting the garden table earlier and decided I would have a coffee and a cigarette.I stopped 5 years ago !!!

Right please read this before you jump on me, the easiest thing in the world to do, is to stop smoking. Now read the bold below.

The hardest thing to do is to stay stopped

I will be 7 years in November since I stopped I had no patches or anything, I was told the patches could enduce another heart attack, so had to do it on willpower.

The main thing that helped me to stop was I came within one week of dying, quite a wake up call. It is not easy to give up, I was between 20 & 40 a day. I decided my life was a better option, don't get me wrong there were times I might fancy one for a split second, but that's all it is. My wife still smokes but I have no desire to do so, I want to live.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE WHO IS STOPPING OR ATTEMPTING TO STOP

If you rent a hotel room are you legally allowed to smoke in it because you are renting the room? Same as if you rent property to liv ein are you legally allowed to smoke in there?