The Stop Smoking Megathread [ including Champix]

I was watching the minder the other day and this hypnotist guy got Arthur to believe every cigar he smoked tasted and smelt like a pile of burning tyres I think that would put people off smoking.

Hi,

I'm so glad to hear you're determined to quit and are taking steps to see that you will be successful! I know you can do it! When (or if) you feel the urge to smoke, remind yourself of all the reasons you want to quit, and feel the feeling you know you would feel after having resisted the urge, how good it feels to maintain control over those urges....and after a few minutes, I promise you--the urge will pass. Also, remember to take about 3 deep breaths, slowly and calmly and as you are doing so, hear yourself in your mind saying very firmly, "NO! I choose not to smoke! I am in control and I do not need a cigarette."

If you follow these steps, I can promise you it will help you a lot and you will be able to quit for good this time.

Best of luck!

Also, one other thing--immediately (if you get the urge to smoke) go and find another activity that will occupy your mind and keep you busy. Preferably something that you enjoy doing. If you're home, go for a walk, take a shower, watch the telly, put on some good music you enjoy, read a good book, or have a little healthy snack. You'll know what works for you and what doesn't, these are just suggestions. Do what works for you.

Keep focused on your goal and do not let anything get you off the track! You have people who care and want you to succeed! I am one of them :)

I have tried just about everything, short of sowing my mouth up.

I have done champix, patches, accupunture, hypnotherapy, even wasted 200 quid on a allen carr clinic. I am still smoking!

Does anyone know of a a hypnotherapist that is tried and tested and will STOP ME FOR GOOD!:confused:

Why do you want to stop smoking?

Smoking is amazing. It's good for the nervous system. Smokers are far less likely to contract parkingsons. Smoking makes you look cool, and that's a FACT! Put a fag in a rock star or film star's hand/mouth, coolness increases 100%.

Plus, if you get ill from smoking, at least you know what's causing it. Plus, there's an endless list of aids available on the NHS for smokers, from an Iron Lung to pioneering surgical procedures.

But, the best thing about smoking by a mile, is getting under the skin of none smokers!

Stuff em! SMOKE!

......and thanks to the unique way this country hads out cash, I get my smokes for free! Thanks!

Smoking is amazing. It's good for the nervous system. Smokers are far less likely to contract parkingsons. Smoking makes you look cool, and that's a FACT! Put a fag in a rock star or film star's hand/mouth, coolness increases 100%.

Plus, if you get ill from smoking, at least you know what's causing it. Plus, there's an endless list of aids available on the NHS for smokers, from an Iron Lung to pioneering surgical procedures.

But, the best thing about smoking by a mile, is getting under the skin of none smokers!

Stuff em! SMOKE!

......and thanks to the unique way this country hads out cash, I get my smokes for free! Thanks![/quote

Come on admit it, you're a WUM :confused:

Stuff em! SMOKE!

......and thanks to the unique way this country hads out cash, I get my smokes for free! Thanks![/quote

Come on admit it, you're a WUM :confused:

Just had to google WUM. No I'm not. Everything I said, I mean and It's true.

Just had to google WUM. No I'm not. Everything I said, I mean and It's true.

Well I suppose that's your prerogative to do that, I just hope you don't get ill. I have said not all do but hey ho, mind I can't for life of me work out how you get them free :)

It's good for the nervous system. Smokers are far less likely to contract parkingsons.

Nicotine is responsible for that and many other health benefits but there are much healthier ways to intake nicotine - electronic cigarettes give you all the health benefits of nicotine without the hundreds of other chemicals caused by burning tobacco.

I mean, there's no point in delaying the onset of Parkinsons if you're going to die of lung cancer a decade prior.

In fact, it's partly because of electronic cigs that the benefits of nicotine are now being studied with more rigor.

Edited by epiphany

Well I suppose that's your prerogative to do that, I just hope you don't get ill. I have said not all do but hey ho, mind I can't for life of me work out how you get them free :)[/QUO

Not for free, but you don't work. You mean?

Well I suppose that's your prerogative to do that, I just hope you don't get ill. I have said not all do but hey ho, mind I can't for life of me work out how you get them free :)[/QUO

Not for free, but you don't work. You mean?[/quote

Ok, I mean I get my smokes with the tax payers money.