Did you live on the Manor Estate in the 1930s - 50s?

I am going up on to the estate soon, I'll take a number of photographs and send them to you. It will let you relive memories.

If anyone else wants a photograph taking whilst I'm there, let me know.

So speak now or you will get Nowt.

If Hagues chippie is still there I wouldn't mind a photo of that. I worked there for a number of years and it will bring back fond memories. If I can reimburse you in any way let me know. However, I have limitations. Thanks Tatty:thumbsup:

If Hagues chippie is still there I wouldn't mind a photo of that. I worked there for a number of years and it will bring back fond memories. If I can reimburse you in any way let me know. However, I have limitations. Thanks Tatty:thumbsup:

Hauges Chip Shop was on the left hand side of Wulfric Road as it came in from City Road. Opposite where the Post Office was or still is. I don't want to take the wrong picture!!

Last time I was in, I didn't get many chips, if I remember rightly!!

Hauges Chip Shop was on the left hand side of Wulfric Road as it came in from City Road. Opposite where the Post Office was or still is. I don't want to take the wrong picture!!

Last time I was in, I didn't get many chips, if I remember rightly!!

That's the one Albert, and if you didn't get many chips it wasn't me that served you. I was always getting a b********g for giving too many. But that's me to a fault always giving too much. Tatty

Anyone earwigging on the side. Do you know if the Chip Shop is still open?

If so. What times? I may as well have some whilstI'm there.

' Use to get Three Pence worth to share between us all, With two slices of bread about one inch thick, I was soon filled up !! '.

Thirty years since I was on the Manor, I went back once about 17 years ago and it nearly broke my heart. The Manor I knew died a long time ago and I have no wish to go back, what's your impression of it ; then and now. I don't know whether the chippie is still there, it was just a hope. Tatty

Anyone earwigging on the side. Do you know if the Chip Shop is still open?

If so. What times? I may as well have some whilstI'm there.

' Use to get Three Pence worth to share between us all, With two slices of bread about one inch thick, I was soon filled up !! '.

sorry to say the chippy has long gone its now belongs to green space keeping the estate green and yes the post office is still doing business and the manor not what it used to be most of it has been knocked down and replaced with modern houses for people to rent or buy most of which have been bought:

sorry to say the chippy has long gone its now belongs to green space keeping the estate green and yes the post office is still doing business and the manor not what it used to be most of it has been knocked down and replaced with modern houses for people to rent or buy most of which have been bought:

If I'm free tomorrow I'll be going up to have a look around.

I'll take Photographs and post them so anyone can take copies as memento's. (& realise that I'm useless behind the lens!!).

J. Boldock1_h. For a quickie - Is the last block of Three Houses on the left hand side, at the bottom, (School end) of Windy House Lane still standing?

Visit delayed due to visibility not being clear - Probably go Thursday or when its fine next.

Hi Albert T,

If you Download Google earth you can get some great photographs

of the Manor Estate as was, and yes there are three Houses at the bottom of Windyhouse Lane near the school.Left hand side facing the school.

Sapper 211

As soon as the weather is fine, I'm going up and I'll post my photos on here. ( For all to realise ' What a marvelous photogragrapher I am '). ( tatty's cue ).

Thanks for the Google earth tip and I'll do that.

Looking back on days living on the Manor. We were mostly stoney broke but somehow we were happy.