Did you live on the Manor Estate in the 1930s - 50s?

oh dear how long have we got to wait fancy leaving us suspended love j

Cleegirl, just out of curiosity do you know Mr Smith. You know every body on the manor so have you any clues. I know he's in my age group - maybe a little older, but he sounds very familiar (and I mean that in the nicest possible way) with a lot of people and they with him. Love Tatty

Cleegirl, just out of curiosity do you know Mr Smith. You know every body on the manor so have you any clues. I know he's in my age group - maybe a little older, but he sounds very familiar (and I mean that in the nicest possible way) with a lot of people and they with him. Love Tatty
ihi babe i don t know i don t reconise any of the names he mentions the only smiths i know lived next door to us at queen mary road and yes he is older than the group i would know like the hallams and the martins who lived on woodthorpe close i knew a raymond smith who i think lived on queen mary rd near prince a wales rd but that was many years now and some names i can t recall but i think most of them would have been about same age has alan . i remember the greens lots of love j

A man who was blind lived on Reynald Road, and I believe that he made Kites that as children we used to fly of the bankside at the end of Watheof Road.

Can anyone add more to this?

Does anyone remember Mr Jobar 294 Queen Mary Rd he made kites in the 40's out of brown paper and cane,he was asteel worker.:love:

Does anyone remember Mr Jobar 294 Queen Mary Rd he made kites in the 40's out of brown paper and cane,he was asteel worker.:love:

That may be the person that I was seeking, Thanks.

Did you use the fly a kite off the bankside at the end of Waltheof Road? and if so do you know what happened to the Pigeon Hutch that was at the top left hand side of the Manor Fields?