Did you live on the Manor Estate in the 1930s - 50s?

That may be the person that I was seeking, Thanks.

Did you use the fly a kite off the bankside at the end of Waltheof Road? and if so do you know what happened to the Pigeon Hutch that was at the top left hand side of the Manor Fields?

It is my wife Shirley Bowler as was, with the memories she lived on Pipworth and then Queen Mary Born 1934, also the incendery bombs during the war.

But does not remember the huts,:huh:

It is my wife Shirley Bowler as was, with the memories she lived on Pipworth and then Queen Mary Born 1934, also the incendery bombs during the war.

But does not remember the huts,:huh:

At the end of Waltheof Road to the right hand side a path ran, above a bankside where we flew kites, towards, what we called,' The Little Wood '. (It only had two tree's and one was dead!!).

The Pigeon Hut, ( Which I think had Blue and White painted vertical stripes ') was on either the bankside or over the wall in Manor Field.

Below the Little Wood, the Ack Ack Guns were placed and a little further down the path was Nunnery Pit slag heap.

At the end of Waltheof Road to the right hand side a path ran, above a bankside where we flew kites, towards, what we called,' The Little Wood '. (It only had two tree's and one was dead!!).

The Pigeon Hut, ( Which I think had Blue and White painted vertical stripes ') was on either the bankside or over the wall in Manor Field.

Below the Little Wood, the Ack Ack Guns were placed and a little further down the path was Nunnery Pit slag heap.

This wood played a great part in my life and it was actually called, by us anyway, The Bluebell Woods. I can't remember the pigeon hut but that maybe because I was a girl. After all bluebells are faaaaaar more interesting than pigeons.

The little wood as it was known was a favourite playing place for us in our youth,but if it could only talk it could tell a few tales especially when the army camp was there during the war.one of my friends was in there one night during the war time with a local girl when the guns opened up scared them to death but the result was twins nine months later and that is quite true

The little wood as it was known was a favourite playing place for us in our youth,but if it could only talk it could tell a few tales especially when the army camp was there during the war.one of my friends was in there one night during the war time with a local girl when the guns opened up scared them to death but the result was twins nine months later and that is quite true

I've got twin sisters. I often wondered where they came from!!

My father was in the Middle East at the time!

Does anyone remember, which regiment was stationed their?

Did it ever shoot any aircraft down or did they only use flack and search lights?

Do we have a Forum member who was stationed their?

What was the name of the Farm on Manor Lane opposite to the camp?

And did the rough lane to the farm start at Harborough Ave or Pipwoth Road?

Does anyone remember, which regiment was stationed their?

Did it ever shoot any aircraft down or did they only use flack and search lights?

Do we have a Forum member who was stationed their?

What was the name of the Farm on Manor Lane opposite to the camp?

And did the rough lane to the farm start at Harborough Ave or Pipwoth Road?[/QUOT

Just catching up with all the post after a long abscence due to sickness in the family. I lived on Pipworth rd from 1939 to the 50s. just four doors away from the school My name was Vera Pope then. I haven't come across anyone from my days there. My husband and family lived at Crabtree Farm just below Pipworth Rd School. Not sure if this is the one you mentioned they lived there for many years. The lane at the side of Crabtree went rite down to Darnall came out at the bottom of Prince of Wales Rd. Could this be the one you mentioned Albert.

Regards Vera.

there was a path directly across from the path that runs to Manor Oaks Rd,just below the Manor Castle pub which came out at the end of Harborough Avenue, it ran alongside the Sanderson,s Sports field which was more or less where the Manor Park Centre is now,my friend and i used to go there on a saturday morning to help rthe groundsman (Dick Mottershed) to put the goal nets up and the corner flags out then take them in after the game was over,owt to earn a couple of pennies but never the less they were good old days