Did you live on the Manor Estate in the 1930s - 50s?

the 1951 Kellys gives afish and chip shop just above the church at the side of Warley Rd it was no 32 Fred Wagstaffe.

beyond the castle and before the manor castle inn was a Shop Mrs Bertha Eason at 209, at 227 was Mrs Ada Pelllucy shopkeeper, the 1942 kellys gives the same shopkeepers but no shop at 32.

You have hit the ' Nail on the Head '.

My Grandmother lived at 19,Warley Road and on the Manor Lane corner, I don't remember a shop. Up to hill and on the flat part of the Lane at a road junction. I think that a shop existed.

Number 32 Manor lane, Just a small spanner in the works the kellys show a fish shop up to 1940 from the 20's

but no shop in 1942 until later pos late 40's was still a fish shop in 1972 i have no later kellys.

Number 32 Manor lane, Just a small spanner in the works the kellys show a fish shop up to 1940 from the 20's

but no shop in 1942 until later pos late 40's was still a fish shop in 1972 i have no later kellys.

No spanner ' Hutch '.

I was born in November, 1937.

So whilst I may be able to cast my mine back, I'm limited to how far!!

A can't remember having, ' Fish & Chips with my Cow & Gate!!'.

:thumbsup:

No spanner ' Hutch '.

I was born in November, 1937.

So whilst I may be able to cast my mine back, I'm limited to how far!!

A can't remember having, ' Fish & Chips with my Cow & Gate!!'.

My Aunty and cousins lived at the first house on the left from City road this was around 1950 but i cannot remember the shops, the cousin nearest my age I was born 1939 was David Parkin now living in Australia,we would catch the bus and tram from Shiregreen.happy days.

:thumbsup:My Aunty and cousins lived at the first house on the left from City road this was around 1950 but i cannot remember the shops, the cousin nearest my age I was born 1939 was David Parkin now living in Australia,we would catch the bus and tram from Shiregreen.happy days.

Are you able to remember the Allotments that were opposite the (Fish Shop) at the End of Warley Road/Manor Lane Junction?

And can you recall the name of either the Farm or Farmer who delivered Milk around the area and the upper Manor using a horse and cart?

Are you able to remember the Allotments that were opposite the (Fish Shop) at the End of Warley Road/Manor Lane Junction?

And can you recall the name of either the Farm or Farmer who delivered Milk around the area and the upper Manor using a horse and cart?

As we only visited now and again always on Sundays, I remember very little.:(

I think that ' Tatty Dumps ' is correctly mentioning a Shop AFTER the Manor Castle, on the left going down Manor Lane toward where/are/was ' Steads'. It was just before a pub on the same side.

I think that you are referring to a shop, On the opposite level, side of Manor Lane. On the left side going to City Road, It was on the corner of the short road that ran from Manor Lane to the Cemetery Gates, where I believe Dovercourt Road finished or started.

Can you remember a Pigeon Loft,Hut or what they live in, which was built on the bankside at the end of Waltheof Road?

No Paluzzis was just below the Manor Castle ruins on the left hand side of the road going down Manor Lane towards Harborough Avenue, the shop looked like an old building, built sometime in the early 1800s and the outside was white washed and all I can remember is the shop was run by Billy and his Mother. I used to go there with my Mother, we walked from Harborough Avenue accross the Manor Park Estate and we came out just accross the road from the shop just below Jimmy Childs house. It was nowhere near the Cemetery.

No Paluzzis was just below the Manor Castle ruins on the left hand side of the road going down Manor Lane towards Harborough Avenue, the shop looked like an old building, built sometime in the early 1800s and the outside was white washed and all I can remember is the shop was run by Billy and his Mother. I used to go there with my Mother, we walked from Harborough Avenue accross the Manor Park Estate and we came out just accross the road from the shop just below Jimmy Childs house. It was nowhere near the Cemetery.

Do I understand now, that the ' Rough Lane' that ran by the side of the army camp was a extension of Harborough Ave?

Can you remember who was stationed at the Army Camp? or was it in fact a R.A.F. Camp like on Hemsworth Road at Norton/Gleadless.

• 1 month later...
Do I understand now, that the ' Rough Lane' that ran by the side of the army camp was a extension of Harborough Ave?

Can you remember who was stationed at the Army Camp? or was it in fact a R.A.F. Camp like on Hemsworth Road at Norton/Gleadless.

Does anybody know exactly where the Z battery rocket launchers were on Manor Lane during the Second World War as my father was one of the dads army operators? Are there any maps of it?