Did you live on the Manor Estate in the 1930s - 50s?

Sapper211:-

I'm going through Norfolk to Ipswich on Wednesday.

So I'll pop in with the Ostermilk that I can pick up at the Manor Top Clinic for your Mother.

Shall I bring his photo back with me Tatty Dumps?

I don't think there is a connection between yourself and Sapper.. but at the same time I'm not sure. Do you know something I don't know? By the way I saw your photo on the Face thingy - with which I am registered - how long ago was that taken? You do look familiar !!

I don't think there is a connection between yourself and Sapper.. but at the same time I'm not sure. Do you know something I don't know? By the way I saw your photo on the Face thingy - with which I am registered - how long ago was that taken? You do look familiar !!

I've aged well!! I'm still pulling them in, So watch thi sen lass!!

I can see you having to go up the that Manor Clinic on Ridgeway Road, next to the Water Boards Radio-Mast to get some ' Ostermilk ' and it won't be for Sapper211 use, it will be for Little Bert!!!

I've aged well!! I'm still pulling them in, So watch thi sen lass!!

I can see you having to go up the that Manor Clinic on Ridgeway Road, next to the Water Boards Radio-Mast to get some ' Ostermilk ' and it won't be for Sapper211 use, it will be for Little Bert!!!

If you haven't seen my photo I can tell you I am still beating them off with sticks. If you have seen it you will know I'm lying. I'm still a comely wench though and I scrub up well. Now about you and Sapper I'm puzzled , are you talking in code 'cos you know something I don't. Anyway I think I have sussed out his identity.:thumbsup:

Hi Tatty ,

O.K. just tell me who I am? There were more than half a dozen of us up at standhouse.

Had a word with the missus but she wouldn`t have a go at the computer so if she does want to ad her two pennorth I`ll have to type it all myself and there again I could be cheating.

After browsing through this thread I find that that Albert is on`y babby and me an thee lass are the same age on`y a few months in it.

Back to the seriouse business of your thread the tip you mention below the anti aircraft gun site was a refuse tip, if you remember that sometimes it was burning, the reason being that the hot ashes from the houses lit up. One of the other Forumers asked where the Z rocket launchers were. If you walked from the bottom of the little wood and carried on down towards Darnall the launchers wereon this side of the camp(Behind the high fence) the opposite side to Manor Lane. Some one asked if Malcolm Mercer lived on the Manor, he did live on the circle Between Ravencar Road and Fretson Road on the top side. But I don`t for how long.

Just think Tatty Me and thee can have some fun while he`s looking for me down here Ostermilk an-all.

Hurry Up and tell me who I am I`m itching to find out.

Best Regards 211

Hi Tatty ,

O.K. just tell me who I am? There were more than half a dozen of us up at standhouse.

Had a word with the missus but she wouldn`t have a go at the computer so if she does want to ad her two pennorth I`ll have to type it all myself and there again I could be cheating.

After browsing through this thread I find that that Albert is on`y babby and me an thee lass are the same age on`y a few months in it.

Back to the seriouse business of your thread the tip you mention below the anti aircraft gun site was a refuse tip, if you remember that sometimes it was burning, the reason being that the hot ashes from the houses lit up. One of the other Forumers asked where the Z rocket launchers were. If you walked from the bottom of the little wood and carried on down towards Darnall the launchers wereon this side of the camp(Behind the high fence) the opposite side to Manor Lane. Some one asked if Malcolm Mercer lived on the Manor, he did live on the circle Between Ravencar Road and Fretson Road on the top side. But I don`t for how long.

Just think Tatty Me and thee can have some fun while he`s looking for me down here Ostermilk an-all.

Hurry Up and tell me who I am I`m itching to find out.

Best Regards 211

One name keeps springing to mind but I still can't figure how you knew about the Wybourn lads. Are you Leslie Cole?

That tip you all keep on about was the slag heap from the Nunnery pit. We used to climb it and sometimes it was so hot we got stuck and had to skidaddle back down as fast as we could. I always got a clout if I got back home with burns on my arms and legs. Am I right???

That tip you all keep on about was the slag heap from the Nunnery pit. We used to climb it and sometimes it was so hot we got stuck and had to skidaddle back down as fast as we could. I always got a clout if I got back home with burns on my arms and legs. Am I right???

And the path the ran by its side started where the Army Camp was, run past the Nunnery Tip then on past the Grey Hound Track to meet a foot bridge over the Railway that eventually came out on Station Road? ( Near the Little Dick) Darnall Cinema)).

Can anyone remember the the manager of the Little Dick getting onto the stage with a long stick to clout anybody who made a noise whilst the projectionist repaired the film which frequently broke down.

Hi tatty,

You`re absolutely brilliant how on earth did you work that out.

But I`m afraid you`re wrong,As I said I before there were more than seven or eight

lads at one time there used to be about twenty. It was you were the first to mention the four

from the Wybourn Estate. I only said I knew of them.

211& Missus!!!!:-):-):-)