Did you live on the Manor Estate in the 1930s - 50s?

Hi tatty,

You`re absolutely brilliant how on earth did you work that out.

But I`m afraid you`re wrong,As I said I before there were more than seven or eight

lads at one time there used to be about twenty. It was you were the first to mention the four

from the Wybourn Estate. I only said I knew of them.

211& Missus!!!!:-):-):-)

Is your wife's name Dorothy?

Hi Tatty Dumps,

I must say even the ducking and diving I`ve done you have reached the right conclusion. just to say that it`s our 48th wedding anniversary to-morrow, the Norman I mentioned is My brother in law. Dorothy and Mavis send their best wishes. I have had some real fun this last two or three days. It was Dorothy who had the free bus rides, so you see you didn`t like me all that much.

So long Tatty dumps. 211

My very best wishes and congratulations to you both. If you remember I did mention your name once but you passed over it. My God 48 years, how on earth has Dorothy put up with you for all this time. Are all the Kings living in Norfolk - Norman as well? You have given me some right headaches over the past few days and some restless nights, but same as yourself I have had fun. Mind you I still have Albert to sort out and as you all know he will be putty in my hands. Once again my best congratulations to you and Dorothy and my love to you both and also Mavis and Norman. Good night Mr and Mrs Critchlaw. X

HiTatty,

I didn`t rise to the bait early as it was too early in the game and would have shortened the game.Thanks for the congratulations it does seem to be a long time.

Yes Norman is around and lives at Wadsley, Mavis sadly lost her husband nearly ten years ago, and lives at Dunham.

We came down here in `88 mainly to look for work couldn`t get a job as I was too old at 55, we went around doing part time jobs up until I got to retire. We live about 2 miles from the beach, and 8 miles from the Norfolk Broads, in a little village. A bit different from the Manor.

That`s about it you have our lives in a nut shell, well at least the last 19 years.Even Dorothy has been looking forward to your posts and enjoyed all the answers,and also brought up some names that she recognized.

Well Mavis as I have said before it`s been great,and no doubt I`ll be popping up

now and again on the forum.

So-long pet love from 211 and wifeXX

HiTatty,

I didn`t rise to the bait early as it was too early in the game and would have shortened the game.Thanks for the congratulations it does seem to be a long time.

Yes Norman is around and lives at Wadsley, Mavis sadly lost her husband nearly ten years ago, and lives at Dunham.

We came down here in `88 mainly to look for work couldn`t get a job as I was too old at 55, we went around doing part time jobs up until I got to retire. We live about 2 miles from the beach, and 8 miles from the Norfolk Broads, in a little village. A bit different from the Manor.

That`s about it you have our lives in a nut shell, well at least the last 19 years.Even Dorothy has been looking forward to your posts and enjoyed all the answers,and also brought up some names that she recognized.

Well Mavis as I have said before it`s been great,and no doubt I`ll be popping up

now and again on the forum.

So-long pet love from 211 and wifeXX

So now tatty_Dumps.- All can be revealed.!!!!

Does anyone remember Mr Jobar 294 Queen Mary Rd he made kites in the 40's out of brown paper and cane,he was asteel worker.:love:

I hutch, I use to buy my kites from Mr.Jobar.I lived opposite the Prince Edward School on Queeen Mary rd.Does anybody remember the Fletcher family.

Hi there, I lived at 124 Windy House Lane, does any one remember me? my name is Peter I was the youngest of the lads in my family, I can remember the Star Family, Biggerstaffe Family Wainwright Family, Mick & Arthur Denton, I often see Arthur around, I can remember Gebhards Potted Meat, the best potted meat in Sheffield.

I Peter.I sure you was in the same year as me at Prince Edward school 1955 with Kenny Howe--Billy Liles--Frank Basford--Tony Lenthall.

Go on then WHAT can be revealed you owd s*d. From now on you are my number one project - so start shaking Albert T Smith:banana:

Just back from nr Ipswich. Went via M1 to A14. coming back via A14 the A1(M) A57.

So I'm already shaking - Cos I'm tired!

I've informed my assistant to select another photograph of me out of my private Folio. For a strickly limited time I'll allowing this to be displayed shortly

Welcome K A Fletcher to tell us your memories of the Manor 1930 - 1950. and anyone else sat on the side having a read. ' If you lived on the Manor between 1930 - 50 jump on board and join us.

Hi tatty. Do remember Prince Edward School Clinic on Queen Mary Rd and the nit nurse that use to put that blue dye on your hair if you had nits and nearly every body sooner or later had.I use to live almost opposite the clinic and was always late for school.I left school in 1955 and left the Manor Estate in 1967.