Did you live on the Manor Estate in the 1930s - 50s?

I called ' Sheffield Scene ' on Surrey Street and they did not have a copy of the book. Actually the woman who I spoke to told me ' that she did not think that they ever sold it.

A young woman at the Manor library was extremely helpful but alas she could not direct me to a seller although it is available in the library. So before I get it from the library I'm going to try to buy it else where. Any ideas anyone?

A Portrait of the Manor in the 1930s by Malcolm Mercer.

Sheffield Scene did sell it because thats where I bought my copy.

All I can quote is what the woman told me over the phone.

How long is it since you bought your copy please?

Does anyone else know where the book can be bought?

Thank you.

I bought it when it first came out, it must be a couple of years ago now. If you would like to have my copy Albert just send your address in a P.M. and I will send it to you.

: :i used to live in bassledene rd on the manor estate from the fifties to late sixties my family lived there a lot longer as i joined the army and now live in berkshire our family name is stephenson has anybody any news about mick reynolds we used to get the cane together at prince edward school for smoking does anyone remember clifford unwin who had the postoffice and grocer shop we could not have survived without him in the early days derek steve

: :i used to live in bassledene rd on the manor estate from the fifties to late sixties my family lived there a lot longer as i joined the army and now live in berkshire our family name is stephenson has anybody any news about mick reynolds we used to get the cane together at prince edward school for smoking does anyone remember clifford unwin who had the postoffice and grocer shop we could not have survived without him in the early days derek steve

hi dexy step i remember the stephensons but i think im more nearer

your roys age still see joy in club im next to youngest of the Boldocks and Ratcliffes used to live across road at no 17

My Mum (Kate) lived on Queen Mary Road in the 50's and as kids I used to visit my grandma there (1970's), My mum's not much of a talker about the past so I wondered if anyone remembered the family.

The Pakenhams an irish family, Brendan, Kate, bridie, Maggie, May, Patsy, Bridget (Dolly) and the rest, They lived in the corner house in the little in the turn around, backing onto the big field. My grandad was a permanent fixture in the Elm Tree. I remember the priest passing out drunk on the living room floor at my grandmas after his funeral, I'm sure my grandad would have appreciated the gesture.

StJohn

Cincinnati kid

Quote: I remember the priest passing out drunk on the living room floor at my grandmas after his funeral, I'm sure my grandad would have appreciated the gesture.

It wasn't the Canon from St Theresa's by any chance was it? He used to be drunk a lot. Remember him walking round the gala at the church waving a bottle of whisky.