Did you live on the Manor Estate in the 1930s - 50s?

mavis it was fred hallam i remember him when alan and i used to go to manor hotel lotsof love

YIPPEE!!!! You're back and of course you are right it was Fred Hallam and there was another one I remember, Gilbert Benn, do you remember him. I hope you are well and raring to go.:clap:

YIPPEE!!!! You're back and of course you are right it was Fred Hallam and there was another one I remember, Gilbert Benn, do you remember him. I hope you are well and raring to go.:clap:

Did you know Roy Hallam who walked with a limp and sadly he died young. I didnt know that Fred Hallam went in the Manor Hotel I always thought he was a Monor Social man. I used to knock about with Roy and I also worked with Roy and His Father Fred on John St.Did you by any chance know Brian Slack who passed away not long ago, he was my cousin.

I'm sorry I do not remember Roy But I knew Fred senior well. I think young Fred probably did go to the Manor Social club as well but more than likely he went there with his Dad. The Manor hotel was more for the young folk. I also think Cleegirl would know more about that than I did.

I'm sorry I do not remember Roy But I knew Fred senior well. I think young Fred probably did go to the Manor Social club as well but more than likely he went there with his Dad. The Manor hotel was more for the young folk. I also think Cleegirl would know more about that than I did.

It was Fred senior that I knew well, Roy and I used to see him in the Manor Club on a Sunday dinner, I think young Fred got divorced ( I may be wrong about that) I knew all the Family, Fred and Gladys and sons Fred,Brian,Roy and the youngest Roger.

Roy died when he was in his forties, I was told it was caused by drink but he did spend all his free time in the Manor Hotel.

lazaurus did brian slack use to live on prince of wales road if so i knew him .my ex husband and i used ti sit with him and his wife in the fairleigh social club (the manor hotel after it was sold) if it was the same brian im very sorry to here of his death and please accept my condolences

lazaurus did brian slack use to live on prince of wales road if so i knew him .my ex husband and i used ti sit with him and his wife in the fairleigh social club (the manor hotel after it was sold) if it was the same brian im very sorry to here of his death and please accept my condolences

I lost contact with Brian but I thought he lived down near Standhouse School. his wifes name was Ruth.

Hello,

I am trying to find out about the Hudson family who lived on the Manor Estate until about 1931

They lived at 8 Ravencarr Road which I believe is no longer there.

The family comprised Ernest Hudson and his wife Annie Beatrice. They had 2 children, Ernest born 1921 and Alice born 1924 Ernest Jnr. was my father and I am anxious to find out what happened to him,which school he may have attended etc.

Does anyone know where I might find school entry and leaving records for the 1930's.

I realise it was a long time ago but please can anyone help?

Thank You

Veronica