Did you live on the Manor Estate in the 1930s - 50s?

does any one remember barbara malkin from fitzhubert rd or standhouse school

I worked with a girl called Carol Inglis who lived, I think, on Fitzhubert Rd - but it was 50 years ago.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, Im looking for my father, Alan Litter, Married to Suzy Littler... Lost contact through change of addresses, and must have searched the whole, international directory enquires, looking for a contact number or address...

Am eager to reconnect and speak soon, Have missed them Massively,

:(

Catherine Littler

Hi Alsuzy, only just joined the forum, hence the delay. My step father was born on Harborough Avenue at 119 in 1931, his parents were Bill & Anne Tarbatt. Sadly all deceased now. Bill worked at Davy United as did my step father Brian along with other members of the family. I believe my Mum met my Dad there. Next door to my grandparents at number 121 lived the Kirkbys I believe they had grown up children in the mid 50's. Hope this fills a few gaps for you.

My name Roy Etches, I lived at 96 harborough ave, went to standhouse and pipworth left school in 1950.the manor was a great place to be brought up,at that time I had 3 brothers 1 sister all younger than me .I remember the little wood at the end of harborough ave you could lie on you back and listen to skylarks all day. I have often stood at the bottom of the stairs at the barbers shop at fitzhubert road to get a short back and sides, and going in gebhards pork shop for a dripping cake .great times. my best friend was peter carson who lived at the last house on harorough No 133 then it was all fields where you could walk to the darnall dick to watch johnny mac brown.

here are the names of some school friend(do you know any). at Standhouse school. David Hall.Tommy Turner,Peter Carson,Mavis Dalison.Prudence Rogers.Allan Young John Mattamore.Alex Froggart. at Pipworth .Mick Cussack.Peter Bourows, Derrick Orran, Lol King ,Derrick Dagnall.To name just a few

Edited by manor imp

does any one remember the wilcoxs who lived on hastilar road and the johnsons who lived on paulett road

hiya, there were a family called johnson who lived at 64 paulet rd i only remember as my grandparents lived at no 60 at 62 there were a family who had twin sons, and at 58 was mr and mrs haythorne and further down was kenny watsons family, this was in the 40s