Does anyone remember Gloops?

depoix

Years ago I used Gloops as my password with various numbers and other stuff with it.

I have a Gloops badge I picked up at a boot sale.

Remember the cartoon in the Star? There was another one below it, something like 'Bringing up Father".

And does anybody remember those Heap caricatures?

anyone old enough to remember GLOOPS ? i had my photo taken with him in the fifties, i think it was in the sheffield star,were you a gloops club member ?

spot on my friend it was in the star, my mother got me a membership card one Saturday afternoon

---------- Post added 04-04-2014 at 14:49 ----------

spot on my friend it was in the star, my mother got me a membership card one Saturday afternoon

forgot to mention it was in the 50s

What was the name of that other character? the one with a long nose peering over a wall..always saying things like "wot no bacon" or what ever we were short of in those days....It's just come back to me he was called "Chad"..anyone remember him?.

Yes I remember gloops'. I was a member of the gloops club. Probably around 1945?. also I remember Chad. We used to make the little badges with plastic covered wire and sell them. These are names I has completely forgot about.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
I must have been a member of the Gloops club in the 40's. Remember having the card and badge. So it must have continued for quite a while.

I too went in for the painting competitions and pressed my nose to the Telegragh window but nevr won.

Hazel

Here's a hint for you Hazel next time you try to win a painting comp ...add something extra.The time I won and had my offering on display in the window I had added clouds to the sky.;)

• 4 years later...