Shameless, this Friday 18th May, at Nylon

Nelly

Believe me wyexile; underground house is a small market. Pin Up club had to spend fortunes just on promotions, let a lone djs. I think the youth of today are not as open minded as the over 25 + as we were blessed with pirate radio and so many music scenes. Even as a dj it is very hard to please house crowds. It was much easier back in the day. The key word here fellas is underground; where can you here underground funk, hip hop, jazz, R&B, tech house, deep house on a weekly basis. Sheffield has been cheeseville for a long time now and one of the reasons is there is no radio stations catering for true music lovers. Bring back the pirates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also good luck to the Nylon boys. I hope it all goes well for you.

Why don't you go down Sheffield Live and propose a show? Friday night from 10 while 12 has opened up I believe?

You could always try going out on a Saturday night WYEXHILE.....

Another fantastic suggestion, cheers.

Saturday night is Andy Weatherall, Paul Woolfrod and Ralph Lawson at Basics in Leeds. I'd like to go out Friday night as well. Is that a crime?

I don't know why everyone is having a go. All I'm trying to say is Sheffield needs a bit more diversity on Friday nights. That's not a bad thing is it?

And DJ4321GSR I understand what you're saying. I used to DJ myself round Leeds back in the mid to late 90's. But I'm sure with the right formula there could be a night in Sheffield showcasing local(ish) talent with a real close knit party atmosphere that could cater for a small crowd and at least break even.

Sounds like a Guilty Pleasures rip-off to me. Nothing wrong with that mind. I love a bit of Fleetwood Mac - anyone heard that new re-edit of "you make loving good"?

Too true.. a bit of Fleetwood Mac never hurt anyone.

This thread looks to have turned into a hand-wringing diatribe about the state of the underground house scene. Honestly, you muso's are 'Shameless'! 'You Can Go You're Own Way' and start a seperate thread - leave us to the serious business of debating Bonnie Tyler/ Dolly Parton et al.

Archived