Sufc/swfc. trying to solve an argument

Think maybe Bernard Shaw?

1967/68 Blades Div 1 to Div 2

1974/75 Owls Div 2 to Div 3

Pretty sure he was with both teams at the above times although can't really remember if he was a first team regular. He's certainly the first player I can remember playing for both Sheffield teams.

are Geary and Bromby the first to be relegated with both clubs? - or has it happened before? - i cant think that anyone else has but a mate is sure its gone before..

help??

Is Alan Quinn another for consideration?

Doesn't answer the original question but there have been many players who have played for both Sheffield teams; Walter Rickett, Carl Bradshaw, Joe Cockroft, Simon Stainrod, David Ford, Brian Marwood, Wilf Rostron, Franz Carr, Neil Ramsbottom, Jeff King, Imre Varadi, Alan Warboys, Bernard Shaw (already mentioned) and Terry Curran.........to add to the above trio.

Dean Windass said on a TV program the other day that he'd played for both Sheffield Clubs, although wednesday fans would probably argue that he hadnt 'played' for them!!!

forgot about quinn, the younger one seems better to me..

Dean Windass said on a TV program the other day that he'd played for both Sheffield Clubs, although wednesday fans would probably argue that he hadnt 'played' for them!!!

forgot about Quinn, the younger one seems better to me..

Yes, you are correct, Windass played two games for the Owls on loan, more contemporary than my 'out-dated' texts! My interest in the Quinns is from an Irish angle and I am inclined to agree with you - the younger one seems to have some improvement in him. I think both are peripheral players.

Archived