Suit hire - any ideas at Meadowhall

TROD

Greenwoods sell and rent them. Best bet is to buy one for about £100 including shirt and bow tie. I've got one from there and have worn it at least 10-15 times so it's worked out good value. I have had to buy a new shirt though. I suppose it depends how often you think you'll wear it, I go to a lot of dinners through my job so it makes sense for me to own one.

greenwoods do a student discount too - but they didn't have a sheffield branch 2 years ago

you could see if the M&S outlet in Doncaster (or the NEXT one for that matter) has them at a bargain price (as it's no longer Christmas party season)

Debenhams and Suits You at Meadowhall both do rental. About £50 at suits you.

But, you can buy a full Dinner Suit including shirt and bow tie for £109 at Suits you (offer on) or £130 if you go for the slightly posher jacket.

Given even the handful of times I've needed to rent, at £50 each (so far three with fourth event in July) I thought, bugger it, I'm not paying you £50 to rent it, I'll buy it for a further £60.

The service there was excellent and I'm very happy. Might not need it again for a year or two, but, when I do, then every single time I wear it after that will be pure profit ;-)

Hey I'm going to the ball too. I got my suit this morning from a place opposite Primark in Castle Market, called Formal Affair. With a student discount I paid just under £35 pounds, and it wasn't the bog standard suit either. Only thing is you need to pay a £50 bond on collection and bring some ID.

Archived