Citalopram Hydrobromide side effects

Just started taking this 4 days ago and my god it has made me feel like absolute crap. The best way to describe it is like how you feel when you haven't eaten far a while and you get a bit shaky and feel sick. Also my coordination is a bit messed up. Im sure its normal but just wondered about other peoples experiences.

Just started taking this 4 days ago and my god it has made me feel like absolute crap. The best way to describe it is like how you feel when you haven't eaten far a while and you get a bit shaky and feel sick. Also my coordination is a bit messed up. Im sure its normal but just wondered about other peoples experiences.

Did you read the list of side effects? If you did, and they persist, contact your GP ASAP.

Did you read the list of side effects? If you did, and they persist, contact your GP ASAP.

I don't think lists of side effects offer that much advice as they have to put every possibility on. If I got every side effect on the pack Id grow breasts, have seizures and end up in a coma!!!

I don't think lists of side effects offer that much advice as they have to put every possibility on. If I got every side effect on the pack Id grow breasts, have seizures and end up in a coma!!!

I certainly hope that doesn't happen to you, but they do list side effects that have occured in other people, and as you know, we are all different. All I am saying is that if what you are experiencing lasts for a few days, then go back and see your GP

I certainly hope that doesn't happen to you, but they do list side effects that have occured in other people, and as you know, we are all different. All I am saying is that if what you are experiencing lasts for a few days, then go back and see your GP

Thanks I will do that. Maybe I should give them a little longer than a few days but I will see how I feel.

You need several weeks to get used to Citalopram, the side effects might be really really unpleasant but it's VERY important that you don't just stop taking them as you will feel much worse. If you're still feeling unwell in a few days do go back and see your GP, but as I said do not stop taking them!

You need several weeks to get used to Citalopram, the side effects might be really really unpleasant but it's VERY important that you don't just stop taking them as you will feel much worse. If you're still feeling unwell in a few days do go back and see your GP, but as I said do not stop taking them!

I definately won't stop taking them as I want to get better. I just wish they could work without them making me feel like this. I just read I really interesting peice on the net about how they work. No wonder I feel like crap lol.

Many drugs take a while for your body to get used to them- it's just one of those things I'm afraid.

I'm a firm believer that particularly with mood affecting drugs, we will reach a stage where we know the normal concentrations of the chemicals in the brain and we will be able to change their levels back to normal with targetted drugs for particular hormone or chemical deficiencies.

Unfortunately, until this is possible, we'll have to continue with the 'sledgehammer to crack a walnut' approach that medicine has been using for the last 50 years.

I was on them for 12 months.

I admit it took me 2 or 3 weeks to get used to them. First two weeks I kept spontaneously (and without warning) collapsing and falling into very deep sleep for about 5 or 6 hours!

But overall they certainly helped! What dose are you on?

Archived