Citalopram Hydrobromide side effects

I was on them for 12 months.

I admit it took me 2 or 3 weeks to get used to them. First two weeks I kept spontaneously (and without warning) collapsing and falling into very deep sleep for about 5 or 6 hours!

But overall they certainly helped! What dose are you on?

i do this on a regular basis and im not taking them ?? perhaps a visit to the gp is in order???:hihi:

Well I have been on em a month now and things are definately looking up. I am still on lowest dose as my doc said I would feel same crapness again when he raises em so gave me another months worth. Said if I feel the help has plateud then he will put me up a dose.

what are they for? whats there trade name?

Depression - they appear to be another version of Prozac (for which I give thanks daily).

http://www.pdrhealth.com/drug_info/rxdrugprofiles/drugs/cel1079.shtml

gives more info.

Personally, I try and avoid reading the leaflets listing side-effects, as I'm such a hypochondriac I end up developing them all. :hihi:

dozy

Well I have been on em a month now and things are definately looking up. I am still on lowest dose as my doc said I would feel same crapness again when he raises em so gave me another months worth. Said if I feel the help has plateud then he will put me up a dose.

Glad to hear they're working. I know some people have terrible problems finding an anti-depressant that actually suits them.

Dozy

Give em a couple of months to see if they work OK without side effects, if not it's probably worth talking to your GP about trying another SSRI. The problem with SSRIs is that their side effects are wildly variable - you may find that some that work with practically no side effects where as others are a complete nightmare!

Well its stopped the chest pains and throat closing and headaches for now so I will stick with them. I just don't want to be on them for ever but if I have to then so be it. Thanks for all the words of advice. You can always trust SF

I was on 20mg a day, but they made me feel numb and i couldnt concentrate or focus, so with drs support weaned myself off them 2 months since, but thinking about going back 2 my gps as last couple of days i have felt my depression coming back, dont fancy citalopram again

Archived