Where did you go on your school trips?

I went to a secondary school in my native Derbyshire. I remember three school trips.

One year (circa 1959) we had a coach trip to Ladybower - there was a drought, and the water level was very low, and you could seen the ruins of the drowned village. My mate, Michael Goff, suffered from travel sickness, and he was sick all over my feet! :gag:

We also had a rail trip to Chester the next year, and I remembered not to sit next to Michael Goff! :hihi:

In our last year at school, we cycled from Derbyshire to Belvoir Castle in Leicestershire. I remember my legs ached and my bum was sore! :roll:

blimey Tizer lol i used to buy that all the time, can you remember when they did that get 8 tokens and you can get a album for free lol.

I only lived across the road from asda in handsworth the old 1 where full monty was filmed.

So i was buying it all the time, i got loads of music because of Tizer lol.

I went to a secondary school in my native Derbyshire. I remember three school trips.

One year (circa 1959) we had a coach trip to Ladybower - there was a drought, and the water level was very low, and you could seen the ruins of the drowned village. My mate, Michael Goff, suffered from travel sickness, and he was sick all over my feet! :gag:

We also had a rail trip to Chester the next year, and I remembered not to sit next to Michael Goff! :hihi:

In our last year at school, we cycled from Derbyshire to Belvoir Castle in Leicestershire. I remember my legs ached and my bum was sore! :roll:

PURE CLASS ROBBO, ive always wanted to see that village, ive seen the spire when ive been fishing with my grandad and that was a few years ago.

• 4 years later...

Been on a few but the one that sticks in my memory is a trip to London for the weekend of 25/26 April 1964

The itinery went something like this.

Saturday

Lunch at the Connaught Rooms

England vs Germany Schoolboy football at Wembley (1-1)

Visit to the cinema in the evening.

Think the film was How The West Was Won

Stayed in a hotel on Sussex Gardens overnight

Sunday after breakfast

A trip to London Zoo then home. Still clear memories nearly 50 years later so must have enjoyed it.

Thanks to to teachers for arranging it.

One I can remember (talking 1960's here) include;

Treak Cliff Cavern / Mam Tor.

Flamingo Park Zoo (as it was)

Helmsley Castle / Rievaulx Abbey

Fountains Abbey

Great Yorkshire Show

It was good to see life outside the confines of a mining village.

I remember going to Thornbridge in Junior School. It was amazing the string walk at night was scary and I remember the string had been cut.

I remember going to Eden Camp which was good and also going down a Mine which was fun.

School trips were brilliant! :)

Archived