Where did you go on your school trips?

Clumber Park, North Leverton Windmill & Whirlow Farm in primary school. Castleton, Eyam and Thornbridge Hall in middle school.

That reminds me, we did come over to Castleton for the day once as well, to see Mam Tor and visit a cave.

I used to love school trips but my favourite was the camping in thornbridge I got picked twice to go.

First time I went for 3 nights , second time was for a week.

But I didn't want to go without my best friend so gave up my place. And low and behold they gave it to her. Lol

I didn't mind cos I had the opportunity once :)

London. (I only went on one.)

When I was a child (and I didn't grow up in the UK), I thought that much of the land north of London was probably tundra and inhabited by Eskimos and cavemen.

I was in London during the summer of 1959. It was a warm summer. One of the teachers cracked a couple of eggs on the pavement and they cooked. That made me question my ideas about the frozen wastes north of London.

I first went to Yorkshire (Northallerton) in November 1969. When I went outside in the morning, my car was covered in hairy cold stuff. Frost (I'd never seen that before - I'd seen snow, but not heavy frost.) That too made me question my ideas about frozen wastes north of London. :hihi:

I remember going to Thornbridge in Junior School. It was amazing the string walk at night was scary and I remember the string had been cut.

I remember going to Eden Camp which was good and also going down a Mine which was fun.

School trips were brilliant! :)

The string walk was great fun, we did that too. I remember falling over a log and nearly brought down half the class with me. :hihi: Luckily we didn't have to camp though, and stayed in the dorms.

Archived