Does anyone remember gail marchelle?

steamrollus is in Spain these days and is I belive off line. I do speak to him on the phone now and then if you want to send a message?

Steamrollus, I am trying to make contact with you about another matter regarding a ghost you saw in Rotherham. I have details of him if you are interested.

Thank you for your reply.

Steamrollus posted a detailed account of a ghost he once saw 2 years ago on this site. Something has lead me to this and I am not a believer. He has described a sighting in a chapel in Rotherham. I haven't given details to anyone yet as there is only me knows who it is and I wanted to ask him if he had anymore details. The person I think he saw is interred in one of the graves where he stood that night. No one knows he is in there as there is no inscription on the grave.I have written evidence of this as I am his great niece. If you speak with him and he is interested let me know and we will sort something out.If I'm brave enough I may visit the grave again. Again, thank you for your time.

I know steamrollus and spoke to him last night, he is living in Spain and is off line. He states that he never saw the apparition himself but that the story had been passed on to him via his Sergeant in about 1970 who in turn had heard it from another officer many years before. I suppose then that the event could have happened in the period between the world wars. The bit that he was clear on is that the Officer Moodell or Mudell never worked that beat again and was clear in that he was chased by a"dwarf in a top hat" that emerged from behind a gravestone. Moodell apparently ran from the scene to Frederick Street Police station jettisoning his helmet and heavy torch as he ran. Your info that the preacher had a child who was a dwarf lends a certain credibility to this story.

Thank you for your reply.

Steamrollus posted a detailed account of a ghost he once saw 2 years ago on this site. Something has lead me to this and I am not a believer. He has described a sighting in a chapel in Rotherham. I haven't given details to anyone yet as there is only me knows who it is and I wanted to ask him if he had anymore details. The person I think he saw is interred in one of the graves where he stood that night. No one knows he is in there as there is no inscription on the grave.I have written evidence of this as I am his great niece. If you speak with him and he is interested let me know and we will sort something out.If I'm brave enough I may visit the grave again. Again, thank you for your time.

Thank you for looking into this for me.

The man was called Francis Brettell. He was 39inches tall and was crippled so had to use crutches. He died about 1870 on 38 years old but there is no inscription on the grave. He was a character in Rotherham and had a printing shop on the High Sreet where he wrote valentines cards for the ladies and they would tell him their secrets as he posed no threat.

Many thanks again.

Archived