Maggie Fields???

My partner and I took a walk 10 minutes away from our house and ended up on a slopping field type thing, It had some newly built wooden kids climbing things and a grassy bike track, It looked new so I cant understand why they built it when they have a just built a much bigger better kids area so near called cookson park.

Anyway someone told me the area is called maggie fields. Can someone tell me about it? Thanks :)

You wana know about maggie field?

I grew-up near there and I seen it all on that field. For many years its just been a empty field with nothing on at all, but that didn't stop us having many hours of fun on that barren waste-field.

It was said that a woman haunted the field at night, I won't name the woman on here though.

The best factor of the field was when it snowed, the sledging or going down the field on your arse (sat on poly bag) resulted in great speeds, due to the steep incline of the field. It was packed with kids from everywhere when it snowed. I once saw a kid slede down the path area of the field and hit the lamp-post in the middle area of the field. His sledge travelling at great speed hit the middle lamp-post, which propelled him forwards, legs open stright into the lamp-post which resulted in a lengthy hospital stay for him, but as kids are, many laughs for us.

I seen numours fights on there as well, both gang and indivdual. Every year we also had massive bonfires on there. Believe it or not, a bunch of us even used to camp out on there on numerous occasions. We were fearless them days, or just plain stupid?

I could go on and on, but I won't bore you. As for the history of the field to my knowledge have been a barren field for many years which was a place for us young ----- to act like adolescents.

Archived