Fishing Tackle Shop - Hinde House Lane

When I first started getting interested in fishing at about 10 years old, living in wincobank at the time our nearest fishing tackle shop was on Hinde House Lane. Does anyone remember this I think it was called Bill Broughtons and I always remember this old guy who probably seemed ancient to me at the time but probably was only in his 50s. I think it was bill himself and he used to be a fountain of knowledge to me as a whipper snapper. I remember as you walked in to the right there was a counter full of multi-coloured floats a true aladdins cave to me as a kid. The shop now is an hairdressers, any ideas what happend to him etc.

When I first started getting interested in fishing at about 10 years old, living in wincobank at the time our nearest fishing tackle shop was on Hinde House Lane. Does anyone remember this I think it was called Bill Broughtons and I always remember this old guy who probably seemed ancient to me at the time but probably was only in his 50s. I think it was bill himself and he used to be a fountain of knowledge to me as a whipper snapper. I remember as you walked in to the right there was a counter full of multi-coloured floats a true aladdins cave to me as a kid. The shop now is an hairdressers, any ideas what happend to him etc.

I lived at page hall 20yrs mate and cant recall a tackle shop.. there was one on firvale shops though?????

hi

do you mean hatfield house lane?

that brings back memories!

i use to go to firth park school and at home time use to cut through the sports fields onto hatfield house lane and nip into the tackle shop.i well remember the tray of floats on your right as you entered.

dont know what happened to the shop or bill, i left firth park in 1979.

Dean

Archived