146 members have voted

1. 1. What's your opinion of Bouncers?

• They do a good job under harsh conditions
    • They don't do enough
    • They are power-mad
    • Hmm, i don't really have an opinion

From my experience...

Sheffield University security...

VERY professional. I was turned away and pi**ed up (this was a long while ago, I'm older and wiser now), up for a scrap with them, I was very confrontational and would have been up for a ruck with them. Their demenour defused the situation, and I left quietly, having shaken hands with one of the doormen. That's how it SHOULD be done. No need for violence, force or police.

Nowadays, I find the Devonshire Cat door personnel polite and agreeable. It was full to capacity a couple of weeks ago, and I happily whiled away the time chatting to them until people left and the manager told them to allow more people in.

Leadmill staff? Bad old days of the "bouncing" tradfe I'm afraid

think sheff uni security depends on the person. generally given more responsible guidelines than some places but some still give them a bad name. had a very bad experience with them, was stone cold sober and watched one lay into my friend. some are students though

Roy it's good to know some doormen have morals ;)

I would report them but it was last summer! And at the time was just interested in having a good night out with my friends. In Gatecrasher's defence, I haven't had this happen more than once. And haven't seen the one particularly bad guy there for ages so fingers crossed he's been fired!

Originally posted by Lucy_Smith

Roy it's good to know some doormen have morals ;)

I would report them but it was last summer! And at the time was just interested in having a good night out with my friends. In Gatecrasher's defence, I haven't had this happen more than once. And haven't seen the one particularly bad guy there for ages so fingers crossed he's been fired!

Roy? Morals? You should see some of his posts on immigration!

Archived