What's your opinion of Bouncers?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. What's your opinion of Bouncers?

• They do a good job under harsh conditions
    • They don't do enough
    • They are power-mad
    • Hmm, i don't really have an opinion

Originally posted by royjames

Hey Guys dont worry I dont discriminate who I let in .

Mind you if I knew someone was a true leftie I might have second thoughts.

Only joking. lol:hihi:

You heard of S&P Security Roy? What do you think of them?

Originally posted by J-Blaze

. A certain bounder that's now working for Fez Club is also a bonafide bumbaklat.

I think i knowwho you are on about- this certain bouncer manhandled my exgirlfriend and her mate around in a VERY rough manor for doing nothing else apart from bumping into him as he walked behind her- he physically pusher her across the dancefloor!!

He got reported and allegedly told off but he was there next week!!

Well I know nowt about Sheff nightclubs as I've only just moved here from M'cr (cheers for the room Scott!) but if the doormen here are represented well by your comments then you guys have no clue how lucky you are.

I've been a bar manager in the past and have seen a lot of stuff to make me dislike as well as respect doorstaff.

Manc doormen, two or three large firms of thugs on the most part, the doorsafe scheme is helping but it isn't policed very well so that don't help. That said I know a small firm of doormen pretty well and once you see it from their side of things your views do change a bit.

I've been turned away for telling doormen that it is illegal to search a girl (full pat search and inside outer clothing layers) without female doorstaff or barstaff there. It is, but they don't mind. Searched her anyway, had a good feel then turned us all away.

Power trip yeah, I agree, but it's not a consistent thing. They might be all high and mighty for an hour or two then be lovely for the rest of the evening. It's not doormen per se, it's just what people are like really.

MAtt

• 2 weeks later...

Just listening to the radio this morning:

As the new regulations involving the SIA (Security Industry Authority) have come into force in Sheffield, the police conducted a sweep at the weekend.

Out of 200 door staff checked, about 40 (20%) were found not to have applied for registration and were taken off the job. (I think there was some leniency with regard to those who could show that they had applied but there paperwork had not come through yet)

Of those 20% a majority were said to have a 'criminal' history and would not be eligible for registration.

Archived