What's your opinion of Bouncers?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. What's your opinion of Bouncers?

• They do a good job under harsh conditions
    • They don't do enough
    • They are power-mad
    • Hmm, i don't really have an opinion

Originally posted by King_Solomon

Oooh, and what bars are these, that are so expensive? Testimonials from friends? Its better to see 1 time than hear 100 times. But hey may be I was a bit too harsh on you, sorry. Its just that I do take it personally - we are doing one of the most dangerous jobs. Try Crystal, nice atmosphere, good environment, quality people

I don't mean for you to take it personally Solomon and I'll admit your job is substantially more dangerous than mine (unless of course you think the Board room isn't dangerous!) and I'm sure my comments should be directed at the minority AND NOT the majority.

As for the expensive bar - I first tried the Sugar Lounge, Deansgate Locks but the doormen were meatheads who were rude and arrogant. I have, however found the bouncers at the Living Room to be extremely polite and professional (but then I do always slip them some money for a drink on me! :thumbsup: )

Originally posted by JonJParr

Firstly, my name is Jon. It's certainly never Johnny and I'm not a "boy" - so please leave the patronising remarks well alone.

Don't take offense Jonboy, it means we like you :thumbsup:

Originally posted by JonJParr

Surely that's more effective than innuendo?

Ridiculous! Surely a good old slap on the rear end would shut up the feisty female? :)

A SPOT-check on bouncers working in Sheffield over the weekend led to 42 being barred from the doors of pubs and clubs.

Police officers spent Friday and Saturday night checking the registration badges of 206 door staff working in the city centre to ensure they are registered with the Security Industry Authority.

More of this story here: http://www.sheffieldtoday.net/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=58&ArticleID=989249

As some will know I work in the door industry and I know that many doormen and women are at the mercy of the SIA,they are still awaiting the badges which they sent for many months ago.

I hoped the police would have understood the problems which have arisen and had given a little more time for the badges to arrive.

There is the real chance that some doormen will lose a great deal of money for the incompitance of the SIA,it needs top be reassed again I feel.

Originally posted by royjames

As some will know I work in the door industry and I know that many doormen and women are at the mercy of the SIA,they are still awaiting the badges which they sent for many months ago.

I hoped the police would have understood the problems which have arisen and had given a little more time for the badges to arrive.

There is the real chance that some doormen will lose a great deal of money for the incompitance of the SIA,it needs top be reassed again I feel.

Would this situation be avoidable if the SIA supplied an up to date list of the doormen/women in the Sheffield area that have trained with them before such checks were made?

Such a list could then be checked against ID being carried by the doormen/women being checked out.

Originally posted by Carmine

Would this situation be avoidable if the SIA supplied an up to date list of the doormen/women in the Sheffield area that have trained with them before such checks were made?

Such a list could then be checked against ID being carried by the doormen/women being checked out.

I can just imagine this,

Police: "sorry you can't stay there if your names not on the list",

Bouncer: "it is look, there, I'm... ...er... ...that's me, Peter Stringfellow, erm..."

;)

What has tended to happen is that the doorman has kept the certificatte which shows they have been on the training course and passed the exam.

This shows a unique number which you show the police,this has been acceptable till april 1,now you have to show the license.

I know some doormen who are considering suing the SIA for loss of earnings.

Originally posted by scottf

Good, my mates have had trouble with bouncers before and when they asked for there bouncer ID they just laughed and booted them out!!

This is a problem we had at Bed, except the bouncer cracked one of our party before throwing him out.

I'm not jumping on the 'all bouncers are evil' bandwagon that's travelling through the forum at the moment, but I think these new measures might weed out some of the meatheads.

Archived