deano

What's your opinion of Bouncers?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. What's your opinion of Bouncers?

• They do a good job under harsh conditions
    • They don't do enough
    • They are power-mad
    • Hmm, i don't really have an opinion

Thesecurity would not kick someone out just because she had a foot up on one of the tables- did she do it repeatedly? Or did she say something to the bouncers? I know most of the security there and they wouldn't just kick someone out for that.

I'll second the complaint about Gatecrasher's bouncers, this has been covered in a post before but I had a really nasty incident with them once where they were sexually harrassing me. It made me sick, they are supposed to be there to protect me not make me feel uncomfortable.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by sensuous

How pathetic are the security at gatecrasher! we went on sunday night payed 17pound and totally was'nt worth it, One of the sercurity kick out a girl all because she had one of her legs on the edge of a table upstairs.

Just to clarify this post.

I haven't been on else i would of replied earlier.

I was the doorman who ejected that hirl and her friend on sunday when Armand van helden was there.

I was on that venue working as cover from my usual venue.

The girl in question was almost lying on the table in the end and it wasn't the first time.

First of all one of the regular bouncers told her to sit up 3 times. Each time she would be warned not to do it again as there are health and safety issues with the tables strength under pressure. On the 3rd occasion she was warned that a further time would result in ejection These are glass topped tables not beds.

A shout went up on the radio and she then did it a fourth time when my colleague came to me at the top level. He was midway through telling me that if she laid down again to eject her when she decided to lay down.

We then asked went to talk to her and as soon as it was mentioned that she would have to leave she started kicking off. whilst trying to remove her she also tried to run away.

Now i know everyone thinks that all bouncers are tossers but we are employed to do a job and being warned four times seems to be sufficent.

Also regardless of the 17 pound entry fee it does not entitle you to blatantly disregard the rules.

Just wanted to get that off my chest.

Originally posted by ryan123

Tell me about it, sometimes, or majority of time u cant even have a joke with a bouncer.. a guy called bryn, wouldnt let my mate in cos e sed 'sozzard' to me.. ha, cant believe it

I also know Bryn and i would be very suprised if that was all it was.

Originally posted by deano

Yeah they witnessed that bit,but surely all the bouncer has to say was that i was violent,(i wasn't).

I do have a case,had my bruises photographed,but honestly is it worth it?Would like to see the cctv footage,but what are the chances of that happening?

Even if you were violent all they should have done was asked you to leave, and then ushered you out. You were (in my opinion) victim of an assault and i would deffinately be pressing charges if i was in your situation. The bouncer deserves all he gets, they think they are a law unto themsleves, and if they think they can get away with it then they will keep on doing it. Press charges and wipe the smugness off the nightclub owners face!

Originally posted by Avalon

Even if you were violent all they should have done was asked you to leave, and then ushered you out.

Violent or non violent, you are allowed a certain element of restraint to remove troublesome customers (having gone through the demonstrations inflicted on me this weekend, through choice I should add, I wasn't thrown out of anywhere :D )

I used to work at Gatecrasher until fairly recently and, although the majority of bouncers/door supervisors/whatever we're supposed to call them were a good bunch of lads who got on with their job, there were a few exceptions!

There were a couple who used to make sordid comments to me at the end of a shift when they were having a drink, and one guy once refused to throw out a customer who'd tried to bottle me over the bar because she was a firned of hers!!! When this was mentioned to another bouncer at the end of the night he went mental and said that he would've thrown her out no matter whether he knew her or not!

The lack of security in Electric Box often made me uncomfortable and I didn't really like working in there despite the quality of music!!

So I'd say that although the majority of them are good guys, as with everything there's always going to be a few "bad eggs" as my wise old mother calls them!

Archived