deano

What's your opinion of Bouncers?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. What's your opinion of Bouncers?

• They do a good job under harsh conditions
    • They don't do enough
    • They are power-mad
    • Hmm, i don't really have an opinion

What has happened to the city of my birth. It always did have a rough and tumble edge to it because steelworkers played hard. But today it sounds downright dangerous. Bouncers everywhere, chavs terrorizing old ladies. Thank the lord for the safety of Central Park, Manhattan, and the Bronx. Never thought I'd have to say that.

Originally posted by Deejay

Violent or non violent, you are allowed a certain element of restraint to remove troublesome customers (having gone through the demonstrations inflicted on me this weekend, through choice I should add, I wasn't thrown out of anywhere :D )

surely not without first instructing them to leave. The law allows anyone to use reasonable force to remove someone from your premises, but not until you have instructed them 3 times (for some reason) to leave and they have not done.

Originally posted by Cyclone

surely not without first instructing them to leave. The law allows anyone to use reasonable force to remove someone from your premises, but not until you have instructed them 3 times (for some reason) to leave and they have not done.

Apologies mate, I forgot to add that you just wouldn't grab someone who's not being violent and throw them out, that just wouldn't be nice would it :suspect:

Ask them nicely, then nicely again and then on the third time if they still say no throw them out..

Sorry :?

Originally posted by Cyclone

That's not true.

You don't have to ask anyone to leave 3 times prior to ejecting them. If someone is causing trouble then they can be ejected.

If someone is merely bneing roudy or the management ask them to leave they can be instructed (not asked) to leave then removed if they don't comply.

At the end of the day if you're on the property and you've been told you're not allowed to be then you're trespassing and can either be ejected or removed by the police.

Originally posted by DaBouncer

It's not common practice.. it's down to management discretion.

However if YOU'RE the cause why YOU got thrown out then tough titty :D

Gosh, DaB (she says in girly voice) you do play hard ball don't you? (flutters eyelashes). If I did something to get thrown out, it might not be totally MY fault. I might not be fully in control of my actions. I mean, I could be suffering from pms or something ... :P

Originally posted by rubydazzler

I might not be fully in control of my actions. I mean, I could be suffering from pms or something ... :P

I don't play hard ball.. I'm no longer a door supervisor.

PMS don't cut it with me lady :D, besides I thought you said that's no excuse.

Archived