What's your opinion of Bouncers?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. What's your opinion of Bouncers?

• They do a good job under harsh conditions
    • They don't do enough
    • They are power-mad
    • Hmm, i don't really have an opinion

Originally posted by richl

Chances are that you will not be allowed to view the CCTV footage.

If you don't want to involve the Police, another option is to complain to Licensing General at the Council who will investigate the incident as they are currently responsible for registering Door Supervisors.

As RoyJames said, don't tar all Door Supervisors with the same brush - the vast majority are very professional.

I really don't know what to do for the best,is it worth it?

On one hand i don't want other people to suffer such treatment as i did,but on the other hand there is so much "red tape" to wade through.

There is no way i percieve all doormen to be the same,i have the utmost respect for the job they do,i couldn't do it,ive always appreciated the job they do,after all they are there for our safety,but it only takes one or two "bad apples"to change peoples views.

Without wanting to sound mellow dramatic,the lad who threw me out was twice my size,and if i had landed awkwardly could have seriously injured me.

And to think i stay out of town because of the threat of violence from gangs of youths.

Think about it deano, if you had been sozzled and smashed the place up the manager would probably be pressing you, through the courts, for some kind of reimbursement. His doorman assaulted you, caused you (and your GF) embarrassment and very nearly caused you injury. Does the doorman get away with it. As I said earlier, if it had been a copper who did this, would he be let off?

Originally posted by richl

Chances are that you will not be allowed to view the CCTV footage.

The Data Protection Act covers CCTV recordings now, so by law you are entitled to see the footage of you. However, chances are that if you ask, you'll find the tape has been "lost", "re-used" or the machine wasn't working. :mad:

I would make a complaint to the Police. Maybe they won't do anything but if they get more complaints from other people, about the same pub, then they might do.

Originally posted by markham

Think about it deano, if you had been sozzled and smashed the place up the manager would probably be pressing you, through the courts, for some kind of reimbursement. His doorman assaulted you, caused you (and your GF) embarrassment and very nearly caused you injury. Does the doorman get away with it. As I said earlier, if it had been a copper who did this, would he be let off?

You are right,i don't want compensation,an apology would suffice,that's all i wanted at the time,just wanted him to admit he was wrong,it's a very good point about if it was a police officer they would be suspended,i will put wheels in motion,bit to be honest i think i will hit a few brick walls,will keep you posted.

If your giving bouncers jip what do you expect them to do? Smile say sorry and get you a drink? They have to put up with ****ed up idiots all night long whilst taking jip from people. Bouncers are tought to react to a situation quickly before it ecsculates, maybe some bouncers aren't quite as good at reading situations as others.

In your case as he was quite young, you either offended him or he thought you may pose a problem in which case he reacted accordingly.

Next time when they tell you to leave keep your gob firmly sealed. I've seen bouncers open fire exit doors with peoples head's.

There's often more bouncers than there are of you and in the end of the day your not going to win or achieve anything by giving them hassle.

Just to add: I'm not a bouncer and I know there are some asshole ones about. Just givin my 2 cent for the guys.

Originally posted by JasonHoffman

Oy Deano - stop being such a pussy and fix up. If you are in your 30's and some 18 year old dude put you in a headlock and threw you to the ground, you only have yourself to blame. If you dont stand up for yourself, this kinda ting is gonna happen. eh?

What a man! Yes I'm sure it would have really impressed Deano's gf alot more if he'd had thrown a few punches and potentially got himself arrested. (Pls note that is sarcasm..I know that you can't hear tone of voice on the forum!)

I wonder what you're suggesting he should have done at the time particularly as it sounds like it all happened quickly?

Oy Deano - stop being such a pussy and fix up. If you are in your 30's and some 18 year old dude put you in a headlock and threw you to the ground, you only have yourself to blame. If you dont stand up for yourself, this kinda ting is gonna happen. eh?

What are you saying here, all 18 year old guys are a push over? because they're young you should be able to over-power them and put them in their place?!:loopy:

Have you seen the size of some teenagers?

Deano already said the guy in question was twice his size, how can anybody successfully defend themselves against somene who is twice as strong as yourself, unless your Uma Thurman in Kill Bill of course!

Even if Deano had wiped the floor with the bouncer, surely the other bouncers would have got involved and probably put Deano in intensive care!

Cheers for that mate,what exactly would you have done?

Dunno bought you but i aint no fighter,would you attack a doorman who has all his mates behind him?

Archived