deano

What's your opinion of Bouncers?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. What's your opinion of Bouncers?

• They do a good job under harsh conditions
    • They don't do enough
    • They are power-mad
    • Hmm, i don't really have an opinion

Tell you what those who go around attacking doorstaff ought to try it they would have a different point of view after that .

I as a door man see all the problems you can imagine and I tell you what we really earn our money,we have all the hastle you can imagine.

I am always polite to the customers but you can be as polite as you want,you will always get one or two who abuse you and so in that situation you have to deal with it in a professional manner without losing your rag,sometimes its very hard but we do it.

Give us a break will you,either that or do it yourself.

I have all this fun to come, Im working tonight after just recently getting my licence..

I haven't seen the Undertaker at Flares yet, I know the others and have never had a problem with them, I find if you just smile and nod at them they don't have a problem with you :suspect:

hey guys, Sorry just been reading through all the posts on here. Are you still looking for work D2J? also Royjames I got you PM ref: Licenced Door Supervisors Required in the job forum. I cant reply to PM's as i dont have the mininum required 5 posts.

If you would like more info drop me an email on shaun@smcbridesecurityservices.co.uk and i'll be more than happy to explain.

Cheers

Originally posted by sniperjoe i was simply horrified... is there really any need at all for this kind of ignorance & arrogance

Yes, you're right - there is no need for the ignorance and arrogance of the punter to say "'yer but they r the dj's u dick" :rolleyes:

How would you expect the doorstaff to know who the guest DJ's are without the guest list..? By using their psychic powers..?! Anybody can wander up to the door with a couple of record boxes full of whatever and say: "We are the DJ's for tonight, let us walk right in for nowt then".

And at the end of the day, DJ's are just people - they aint no superstars - so they can just wait there.

ok i would agree wiv ya if i had of said that wot u quoted i wrote, but i didnt say it i just simply thought it 2 myself.

i dont go anywhere to cause trouble that y i kept it to myself.

there was other insidents of that night in question with doorstaff being a little power mad, but as those situations are from wot other people av told me then it would be unfair for me to comment, i can only comment on wot i saw myself.

and as for the dj's just being 'only people', yes of course they are but being a big fan of scene they are alot more than that to me as they provide my entertainment for the evening, and at the end of the day if there were no dj's there wud be no club nights, so have a little respect for all the dj's who play in clubs. yer get me!!!!!

Interesting thread. It is true that many (certainly not all) doorman aren't too bright and/or are too young and lack the wherewithal to deal with a situation properly. I used to work the doors in my early 20s and to be honest I was too young to be doing so and didn't have the necessary skills to deal with situations correctly - I could pick people up and chuck them out etc but it should rarely come to that.

Then again with most older doorman if they had half a brain they would have grown up and be doing a proper job. Yes, it can be a tough and you meet a lot of idiots and sad ****** who have no other life than to go clubbing but no one forces these guys to do it. Their customer service skills usually need a big improvement although things have gotten better to a degree.

Just cos u weren't good enough to handle it "in yer 20'z" doesn't mean this new breed of doorman are the same.

Age old debate about doorman. Truth is you need all sorts, for all sorts of different venues.

If someone gets a kickin' it's usually for a good reason..

that's life.

Originally posted by 2c4s

that's life.

I don't believe that's right 2c4s. One can never condone the use of physical violence and especially not in what is effectively your workplace [if you are a doorman]. This is not to say that people do not become abusive or even violent towards you in your capacity as a doorman. However, I always believe that in these instances physical 'restraint' is far better than physical 'retaliation' [as too often happens]. The laws in place within our society are there primarily so that we need not take the law into our own hands.

Your attitude of a "kickin" being part of "life" only further entrenches people's "age old" arguments and views that doormen are nothing more than thugs paid by the hour.

Originally posted by 2c4s

Just cos u weren't good enough to handle it "in yer 20'z" doesn't mean this new breed of doorman are the same.

Age old debate about doorman. Truth is you need all sorts, for all sorts of different venues.

that's life.

Your last statement seems to show you have missed the point completely. If you have to give someone a 'kickin' then you have made it personal and clearly don't have the skills required to deal with a situation properly - you have let fear cloud your judgement. It is usually the case that many lads in their 20s will adopt this approach as they don't have the experience to deal with a situation properly. This can be compounded when older doorman set a bad example due to them never having gotten past this stage. The 40 year old adolescent type to whom I alluded before who is probably quite ****** off when they realise that being a doorman is just about the only job they are ever going to get.

Archived