deano

What's your opinion of Bouncers?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. What's your opinion of Bouncers?

• They do a good job under harsh conditions
    • They don't do enough
    • They are power-mad
    • Hmm, i don't really have an opinion

Have the doorman at the cavendish suddenly developed kingomitus (basically ******s)? We was there last night having a drink, by no means drunk as I was driving... They rang for last orders just after 11 so we ordered another round. At 11:15 the music went off and the bouncers started shouting at everyone to get out! we'd barely started our drink when they came over, "time to go now lads"... When my mate questioned him he kicked off saying "get out before we throw you out, now".

I have just paid the best part of a tenner to these people, the least they could do is let me finish it!

Complete and utter ******, where do we get these idiots from? No wonder sheffield nightlife is going down the pan

Technically by law you have 20 mins drink up time from last orders, but it depends on the management and how quickly they want the punters out.

If time is called at 11, then you should be able to drink til 11.20pm usually. However time is normally called at 10.55pm so technically... 11.15pm would be kick out time.

Report his behaviour to the management if you feel you have grounds but be prepared for it to fall on deaf ears (just depends on what they're like I guess).

You're right in that the law says you can drink up to 20 minutes after closing.

However, that is the maximum time allowed and not any sort of right. As you say DB, it is at the managements discretion. They are quite entitled to ask you to leave at a minute past 11 (or whatever closing time they have)

In fairness, I suppose they could ask you to leave at any time; it's their decision who they have in their pub.

I think it will be a lot better when the new licences come into force and the bars aren't worried that they may get into trouble if they have people drinking for a few minutes extra. Most seem to have applied not only for longer hours, but also for extended drink-up time.

I know as as doorman that the doorstaff at cavendish are decent people who as far as I know treat the customers with good manners and are proffesional in their work.

As to changing the drinking hours I think it will be very much a suck it and see situation as far as possible trouble is concerned.

I suppose it gives us people the chance to earn more money,so maybe its swings and roundabouts.

Originally posted by Paul2412

Have the doorman at the cavendish suddenly developed kingomitus (basically ******s)? We was there last night having a drink, by no means drunk as I was driving... They rang for last orders just after 11 so we ordered another round. At 11:15 the music went off and the bouncers started shouting at everyone to get out! we'd barely started our drink when they came over, "time to go now lads"... When my mate questioned him he kicked off saying "get out before we throw you out, now".

I have just paid the best part of a tenner to these people, the least they could do is let me finish it!

Complete and utter ******, where do we get these idiots from? No wonder sheffield nightlife is going down the pan

I know what you mean mate.... Tried to get into there at about 10.55 last night and they wouldn't let us in cos they were about to call last orders... Damn! :mad:

It was the same in Yates' the other week... We'd just got drinks before they called last orders, then all the lights came on and we were asked three times to leave! I was like "If I drink it any quicker, I'll throw up on your carpet" lol... That god rid of em :D

If you buy so many drinks at last orders which are beyond your ability to drink within the 20 mins and you get asked to leave before you've finished them then its your own stupid fault.. Don't be moaning at people that are paid to do their job..

• 4 months later...
I thought the law had changed that drinking up time no longer needed to be given?

You are quite correct Internetowl, the licensing laws have changed. Last year, all licensed premises had to apply for a new license.

Briefly, each licensed pub now has their own opening hours, which vary from pub to pub. Some will have a winding down time (it's no longer referred to as drinking up time), usually 30 mins before closure. Some - because they retained their original opening hours or were refused an application for extended opening hours - will still have a 20 minute drinking up time though.

Archived