What's your opinion of Bouncers?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. What's your opinion of Bouncers?

• They do a good job under harsh conditions
    • They don't do enough
    • They are power-mad
    • Hmm, i don't really have an opinion

hi guys

very interesting thread, i don;t think doormen can win to be honest and the current rules from what i hear limit what they can do anyway. I train with Mark Hayes at the Source gym in JKD/Kali etc and he works at the Rhino and to be honest, it sounds as though he has to deal with alot of crapm from people who cannot handle the old beer.

just out of interest, i am looking to get my SIA badge, currently not in work so funds are a bit thin, anyone have any idea where i may be able to get funding from, even temporarily:-)

i have a friend who works on the doors and she has had abuse when they cant get in the venues due to either being drunk or wrongly dressed for that particular venue shes been spat at,assaulted and called a dyke!! why do people think that door women are dykes? sad really isnt it? i think they do a good job especially now as they are trained and cannot get the SIA badge if they have a criminal record the police work with the door supervisors now and my friend says its better that way. Just ashame people cant handle there drinks.

LOL, you sound really powerful. Get a proper job. The police put up with everything you do & more, but on the whole dont act like gorrillas on crack. :loopy:

This is cause they have training and education and some kind of personality test. Bouncers just have to look hard.

Most bouncers I know and have worked with often do their evening jobs on the side. I've worked with bouncers who are nurses, students, teachers and even once a binman by day! They often do have "proper" jobs but bouncers are important. I'd hate to work in a busy bar that didn't have doorstaff on the doors because they're so important to protect the staff and customers.

im with you all the way mate... without them there would be a huge problem people dont seem to realise how important they really are i do feel tho that 18yr olds arnt mature enough to handle grown men i think the min age should be 25 n over. dont you?

im with you all the way mate... without them there would be a huge problem people dont seem to realise how important they really are i do feel tho that 18yr olds arnt mature enough to handle grown men i think the min age should be 25 n over. dont you?

Dont say this, some of the best doorman around are quite young, age doesent matter...

LOL, you sound really powerful. Get a proper job. The police put up with everything you do & more, but on the whole dont act like gorrillas on crack. :loopy:

This is cause they have training and education and some kind of personality test. Bouncers just have to look hard.

What a stupid comment! I started working as a doorman to help subsidise my student loan whilst studying for my degree. I actually plan on becoming a policeman, but the application process can take upto 2 years, so working on the doors is an ideal job to do in the meantime. I know of dozens of doormen who are students, and at least 5 others who are also wishing to become policemen.

Sorry but you sound like a prick!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Morning everyone,

Has anyone had any trouble with these 'meatheads' recently? I was in there last night, with some friends, celebrating my future brother-in-law's stag do and he experienced the wrath of their head bouncer.

Basically he'd just asked to put his coat in the cloakroom, and as it was quite loud didn't quite hear what the bouncer was saying. He asked three times and was then physically thrown out by his hair!!!!! When I confronted the bouncer and asked him what the f**k was going on he just replied....

' I told him three times. On the 3rd time he's out - them's my rules!!!'

What a worthless piece of uneducated filth.....I'm actually starting to get annoyed talking about it - particularly as it was totally unprovoked

i hate bouncers! they r bad mannered arrogant pigs imo. i was out in doncaster once and at the end of the night was finishing my bottle and the bouncer came and snatched it while i was having a drink. the drink went all up my nose and on my clothes, out of anger i threw the rest of the drink at the bouncer resulting with me getting thrown out! lucky it was the end of the night tho so i wasnt really bothered:hihi:

Archived