What's your opinion of Bouncers?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. What's your opinion of Bouncers?

• They do a good job under harsh conditions
    • They don't do enough
    • They are power-mad
    • Hmm, i don't really have an opinion

Originally posted by hoba

Zero staff are very professional. Even though I first got offended when I started going (I just wasn't used to being searched every week) I think they are great at what they do and don't take the michael.

I think people in Sheffield just arent used to being searched - I've been out a fair bit in London and its not uncommon to have very rigourous searches including thumbs down and around the waistband of your trousers looking for stuff..

The berlins bouncers used to be well up for a scrap, and the niche bouncers are well on top as well, they can be a bit heavy handed, even when there hasn't been any problems.

I have heard of people being taken upstairs by these fellows, and coming back down in a bad way with no money, very naughty.

When I went to the old corporation for insomniacz years ago the doormen told me they had to search the inside of my bra in case i was carrying anything in there. I told them to **** off and I didn't have a bra on anyway. They let me in in the end... surprised I didn't get done for smuggling peanuts though.

Originally posted by Fowler

Where have you encountered the worst doormen in town?

Just have a professional interest and would like to know!

Plus i'm nosey! lol

:thumbsup:

the doormen at 'the room' told me the scuba night was not a house night, and the doorwomen refused to let us back in when my sister and I went to check out another venue...I ended up inplanet zog so I'd say they are not promting the nights enough...in birmingham this is allowed so big thumbs down from me..

Originally posted by jonsastar

The berlins bouncers used to be well up for a scrap, and the niche bouncers are well on top as well, they can be a bit heavy handed, even when there hasn't been any problems.

I have heard of people being taken upstairs by these fellows, and coming back down in a bad way with no money, very naughty.

That would have been hard in berlins as it didn't have an upstairs, not only are they thugs they are magicians too!

Archived